+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about Vancouver

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
greetings

iam from lebanon,going to join my wife in ottawa soon and we want to move,out of all canada's cities i only prefer vancouver for simply it has the best weather and its really beauitufl,now iam mixed between vancouver and metro vancouver,i honestly do not know what to consider,my wife recomends delta and surrey in metro V.

i tried learning about vancouver it was all very hard for me because its a big city and i have no idea which place is better than the other,also ive been told the crime rate in vancouver is very high and there is alot of drugs on the street and so,i dont knwo how true this is so thats why iam posting here.

any ideas?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Vancouver has a very high crime rate?????Are you sure you have your facts in order Surrey has a very high ReaCrime rate.If you want a lower crime rate,You can go to suburban areas like North Vancouver,Delta,Coquitlam,Port Moody and SOUTH Surrey.The worst areas are NORTH SURREY,EAST VANCOUVER specifically Down Town East Side<there s where the drugs are.Read the Wikipedia article on Vancouver

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
thx man,
i liked delta and coquitlam,but i want to ask, is it far from vancouver city? and is there tranist services from metro vancouver to vancouver city?

i really cant stand the cold,all my life i lived between beirut,dubai and caracas, 9c is the lowest temp ive ever experinced so noway i can servive in places like ottawa or montreal. iam considering hamilton or windsor but they are not cities,so i guess i should check them out when i come to canada,like do an exploration trip to all the cities and towns i have in mind,but vancouver stays my fav.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't like the cold, Vancouver is probably the best place for you in all of Canada. Where I live it's -22 right now

C

cchabert

Leon said:
If you don't like the cold, Vancouver is probably the best place for you in all of Canada. Where I live it's -22 right now
-22? Where is the polar bear?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Well We dont have polar Bears and weather is back to normal winter temprature 5-7 C It is forecast not to snow for next 2-3 weeks.But We have Brown Bears,Black Bears hibernating for Winter.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today is only -16 but no polar bears. We have some white rabbits though running around in the snow. You never see them in the summer so I don't know where they are but in winter, they come out and run around in the city.

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
you can get lots of info on Vancouver's public transport system here

www.transitbc.com

this may help you identify suitable places to live