+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About TRV passport return time? Processing time?

yys963489

Apr 27, 2019
Hi friends, I am an international student and got approved for my extension of Study Permit. I also applied online for TRV and was requested to send my original passport to CPP Ottawa. I sent it through Xpresspost and was updated my passport is received from the tracking info. I would like to know how long it would take for them to process it and send it back to me? I am having a scheduled flight on May.7th, and am feeling nervous if I can't get it back before my flight. I tried to look up online and many different timelines I saw. I am so worried about this. Also, any chance I can require to get my passport back and send it again after my flight? Thank you.

My timeline:

Passport delivered to the office: April.18th
CIC Status updated to approved: April. 27th (With counterfoil and document number)
Tracker activated: Not yet

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You're cutting it very close, however, your visa is already approved and in your passport. They'll send it back to you, but I have no idea how long that will take.

yys963489

Apr 27, 2019
You're cutting it very close, however, your visa is already approved and in your passport. They'll send it back to you, but I have no idea how long that will take.
Thanks. Yeah, I knew it was all set and the only thing left is to have it mailed to me. Just wanna know if anyone has a similar situation as mine, so I would probably know a time range it might take.

Feb 25, 2019
Yeah! i have same problem. My passport was delivered on 24th may and Cic account was updated on 30th may but my tracking number has not been activated yet and I have flight this week only. I dont know why they are taking so long to mail me

komostati

May 7, 2017
Yeah! i have same problem. My passport was delivered on 24th may and Cic account was updated on 30th may but my tracking number has not been activated yet and I have flight this week only. I dont know why they are taking so long to mail me
Hey. Similar situation. How long it ended up taking after they received your passport? Thanks!