+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About to take the test, when I checked my webcam I realized something

DejavuCA

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
About to take the test! I realized when I try to take picture of my PR card, the letters all reversed. It’s exactly like what I would see, if I put my card in front of the mirror. Is this okay? Thanks!

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
When you take your ID photo on cic website before the test, Cic website should automatically flip it for you so everything will look good.

You’ll have time to approve the photo before the test and if the photo doesn’t work, you can figure it out without taking the test. The countdown won’t start.

DejavuCA

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Hey! Yes it automatically flips! I passed my test last night 20/20!! Finally it’s over! And damn now I can definitely be a history professor in Canada after all the hardcore studying and doing tens of practise tests (more than 1000 approx). When I saw the questions I felt a bit mad at myself haha because it was waaaaaaay easier than I expected.

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
Hey! Yes it automatically flips! I passed my test last night 20/20!! Finally it’s over! And damn now I can definitely be a history professor in Canada after all the hardcore studying and doing tens of practise tests (more than 1000 approx). When I saw the questions I felt a bit mad at myself haha because it was waaaaaaay easier than I expected.
Haha congratulations! And hope the tracker will change to completed next week!

Reactions: DejavuCA

mayamail

Apr 30, 2024
It sounds like your webcam might be flipping the image horizontally, which is quite common. Don't worry, it should be fine for the test as long as the card details are clear and legible. Good luck with your test!

After, you can also check you webcam how it's work or look with webcammictest.io which is a free and secure open source.