Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
I filed for a PR under CEC in April and didnt get any medicals request. I filed my GCMS and got a reply today. It says that supporting docs does appear to match exactly no of duties for the selected NOC code or looks exact match as in given Noc.
Review required by officer, work experience does NOT meet requirements.

My job title and NOC code (2171) was carefully chosen and was signed by HR.

I haven't received any official communication though, what should I do now, please help

Here are the duties i kept in schedule 8 form. I just kept only 3 duties and i didnt attach any extra sheet to add more. I thought they will look at the reference letter provided.

nOC 2171
Develops and implements plans
Analyzing system requirements
Assessing risks and planning

My reference letter has following duties.NOC 2171

A. Support, Design, Develop, Implement New Technological Solutions

• Determines requirements, designs, builds, tests, implements, maintains and enhances business systems.
• Develops and implements comprehensive test plans, policies and procedures to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.
• Examine system's requirements and determines proper installation parameters for software and hardware, for smooth integration, transition and efficiency.
• Assessing risks and planning, developing and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, software and data.
• Working with the clients to prioritize and rationalize the requirements.
• Writes documentation for business units, vendors, management, end users, and other
Information Technology staff.
• Ensures that proper procedures are documented and used according to accepted
Information Technology standards

B. Research, Evaluation, and Certification

• Researches and evaluates technical solutions to meet functional requirements.
• Prepares business cases and cost benefit analyses.
• Translates end user "wants" into a clear definition of requirements.
• Prepares and/or assists business units to prepare test scripts.
• Certifies proposed design solutions.
• Thoroughly tests integration of new applications.

C. Project Management/Miscellaneous

• Provides training/instruction to staff.
• Participates on committees as an Information Technology representative.
• Provides Information Technology recommendations to management.
• Communicates Information Technology requirements to vendors and contractors.
• Participates in vendor selection.

What should i do now. Should i send any updated reference letter or wait until second officer review my file. Feeling tense..send me the email or address if you say me to update the reference letter. My bowp is going to expire in month of april 2014. I think i am screwed.....Please help me

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Re: Urgent advice needed?? Please Help me

ganapathi said:
I filed for a PR under CEC in April and didnt get any medicals request. I filed my GCMS and got a reply today. It says that supporting docs does appear to match exactly no of duties for the selected NOC code or looks exact match as in given Noc.

I haven't received any official communication though, what should I do now, please help

Here are the duties i kept in schedule 8 form. I just kept only 3 duties and i didnt attach any extra sheet to add more. I thought they will look at the reference letter provided.

nOC 2171

• Determines requirements, designs, builds, tests, implements, maintains and enhances business systems.
• Develops and implements comprehensive test plans, policies and procedures to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.
• Examine system's requirements and determines proper installation parameters for software and hardware, for smooth integration, transition and efficiency.
• Assessing risks and planning, developing and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, software and data.
• Writes documentation for business units, vendors, management, end users, and other

What should i do now. Should i send any updated reference letter or wait until second officer review my file. Feeling tense..send me the email or address if you say me to update the reference letter. My bowp is going to expire in month of april 2014. I think i am screwed.....Please help me
It make sense to me why officer confused in your case. Because A, B, C are also supports more duties for 2173, 2174. But wait for Seniors reply and respond to VO accordingly.

Exactly what I understand from A, B, C is you are doing all levels of work with NOC 2171. Wait for other replies.

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015

Kiranmayi said:
It make sense to me why officer confused in your case. Because A, B, C are also supports more duties for 2173, 2174. But wait for Seniors reply and respond to VO accordingly.

Exactly what I understand from A, B, C is you are doing all levels of work with NOC 2171. Wait for other replies.
But most of my duties are matching noc 2171 only right.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016

ganapathi said:
But most of my duties are matching noc 2171 only right.
What I understood that you have copied everything from the website and added in the reference letter and that's where more confusion coming for me . That was my quick understanding when I see A, B, C. Please wait for more replies from seniors.

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015

anyone please help me..............

Infosec

Mar 15, 2013

Hi Ganapathi,

Under NOC 2171, Broadly there are 3 main designation

System Analyst - Who mainly work on the technical aspect of the system

Business Analyst(IT/ Info Sys) - Who mainly work on the gathering requirements & solutioning aspect

Quality Assurance: Who mainly work on the Quality controls & auditing aspect.

What you done is, you have listed the roles & responsibility on all the above aspect rather than focusing on only on aspect.

here is the breakup:

A. Support, Design, Develop, Implement New Technological Solutions (This is Systems Analyst resp)

• Determines requirements, designs, builds, tests, implements, maintains and enhances business systems. - System Analyst resp
• Develops and implements comprehensive test plans, policies and procedures to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems. - This is Quality Assurance
• Examine system's requirements and determines proper installation parameters for software and hardware, for smooth integration, transition and efficiency. (This is Systems Analyst resp)
• Assessing risks and planning, developing and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, software and data.(This is Security Analyst resp)
• Working with the clients to prioritize and rationalize the requirements.(This is Business Analyst - IT resp)
Information Technology staff.(This is Business Analyst - IT resp)
Information Technology standards (This is Business Analyst - IT resp)

• Researches and evaluates technical solutions to meet functional requirements. (This is Systems Analyst resp)
• Prepares business cases and cost benefit analyses. (This is Business Analyst - Business resp)
• Translates end user "wants" into a clear definition of requirements. (This is Business System Analyst resp)
• Prepares and/or assists business units to prepare test scripts. (This is Business System Analyst resp)
• Certifies proposed design solutions. (This is Architect resp)
• Thoroughly tests integration of new applications.This is Quality Assurance

C. Project Management/Miscellaneous (This is PM roles as per CIC NoC)

• Provides training/instruction to staff. (Partly BA resp)
• Participates on committees as an Information Technology representative.- This is Solution Architect resp
• Provides Information Technology recommendations to management. This is Solution Architect resp
• Communicates Information Technology requirements to vendors and contractors. -

The other 2 doesn't fit in under 2171, I know what it is but purely no no for 2171.

So your R & R is all over the place and this is the reason why the VO is finding it difficult to assessing which designation under 2171,that could be one of the possible reason that they have rejected your application but still under review.

One thing what you should have done or do is just provide what has been asked, plain & simple- don't over kill yourself by providing more info.

Next Steps : Call up CIC, Give heads up on your GCMS Notes and ask them what should be done next. Unfortunately you may not go ahead and give revised reference letter until they come back.

Infosec

Mar 15, 2013
that could be one of the possible reason that they NOT have rejected your application but still under review.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ganapathi said:

nOC 2171

my first impression is, too many duties. VO may doubt if 2171 is just your small part of job . not major.

if you want explain, I would suggest that clear show what's major, what's you just touched occasionally .

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015

Infosec said:
Hi Ganapathi,

Under NOC 2171, Broadly there are 3 main designation

System Analyst - Who mainly work on the technical aspect of the system

Business Analyst(IT/ Info Sys) - Who mainly work on the gathering requirements & solutioning aspect

Quality Assurance: Who mainly work on the Quality controls & auditing aspect.

What you done is, you have listed the roles & responsibility on all the above aspect rather than focusing on only on aspect.

here is the breakup:

A. Support, Design, Develop, Implement New Technological Solutions (This is Systems Analyst resp)

• Determines requirements, designs, builds, tests, implements, maintains and enhances business systems. - System Analyst resp
• Develops and implements comprehensive test plans, policies and procedures to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems. - This is Quality Assurance
• Examine system's requirements and determines proper installation parameters for software and hardware, for smooth integration, transition and efficiency. (This is Systems Analyst resp)
• Assessing risks and planning, developing and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, software and data.(This is Security Analyst resp)
• Working with the clients to prioritize and rationalize the requirements.(This is Business Analyst - IT resp)
Information Technology staff.(This is Business Analyst - IT resp)
Information Technology standards (This is Business Analyst - IT resp)

• Researches and evaluates technical solutions to meet functional requirements. (This is Systems Analyst resp)
• Prepares business cases and cost benefit analyses. (This is Business Analyst - Business resp)
• Translates end user "wants" into a clear definition of requirements. (This is Business System Analyst resp)
• Prepares and/or assists business units to prepare test scripts. (This is Business System Analyst resp)
• Certifies proposed design solutions. (This is Architect resp)
• Thoroughly tests integration of new applications.This is Quality Assurance

C. Project Management/Miscellaneous (This is PM roles as per CIC NoC)

• Provides training/instruction to staff. (Partly BA resp)
• Participates on committees as an Information Technology representative.- This is Solution Architect resp
• Provides Information Technology recommendations to management. This is Solution Architect resp
• Communicates Information Technology requirements to vendors and contractors. -

The other 2 doesn't fit in under 2171, I know what it is but purely no no for 2171.

So your R & R is all over the place and this is the reason why the VO is finding it difficult to assessing which designation under 2171,that could be one of the possible reason that they have rejected your application but still under review.

One thing what you should have done or do is just provide what has been asked, plain & simple- don't over kill yourself by providing more info.

Next Steps : Call up CIC, Give heads up on your GCMS Notes and ask them what should be done next. Unfortunately you may not go ahead and give revised reference letter until they come back.
Even though i focussed on different types under 2171. Most of the duties are matching 2171 only right. They cant simple regect my application. If they have any doubt they might call the employer to verify. AM i correct or not

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
yixiaop26 said:
my first impression is, too many duties. VO may doubt if 2171 is just your small part of job . not major.

if you want explain, I would suggest that clear show what's major, what's you just touched occasionally .
In schedule 8 i mentioned only 3 major duties. Is that not sufficient for Vo to understand that i am in noc 2171.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lets hope for the best!

Infosec

Mar 15, 2013
Ganapathi,

Just b'cas you put 2171 in the doesn't mean, you fall under 2171, the first criteria that they look is under what NoC your WP has been given. Give me the exact name/ designation that has been printed on your WP. If its a open WP its a different issue.

Gvenky

Dec 1, 2014
Hello there,

Thanks for actively replying to Ganapati.

Where can you find the NOC code on your work permit??

Mine was post grad work permit that I received after my education.

Can you please advise me appropriately?

thanks

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
Gvenky said:
Hello there,

Thanks for actively replying to Ganapati.

Where can you find the NOC code on your work permit??

Mine was post grad work permit that I received after my education.

Can you please advise me appropriately?

thanks
PGWP is an open WP and has no NOC limitations. You can work in most jobs that are not regulated or protected.

Infosec

Mar 15, 2013
Gvenky, Smart move, Generally if its closed WP, CIC will print the designation and not the NOC code, So when you map the designation with the NOC list, you can determine the which NOC, however in case of Open WP, there will not be any specific designation mentioned, So you are good to use the 2 NOC codes for claiming the CEC.

your other question on the 2 WP, generally if you are promoted and designation changes, then your company has to get the new WP that matches with your new designation.