+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About the proof of accommodation

ching623

Mar 12, 2013
I have an aunt living in Vancouver and I will stay in her place during my study period
so I want to ask what required document do I need to have for the application of study permit?
Have to be a certified letter or something ?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

ching623 said:
I have an aunt living in Vancouver and I will stay in her place during my study period
so I want to ask what required document do I need to have for the application of study permit?
Have to be a certified letter or something ?

1. Your aunt or her house won't make any difference. You do not need any certificate, must show CAD 10,000 living expenses.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is she your real aunt? how she is related to you? is she filing taxes, how big is the house, how many people already living in the house?

Basis all above, if eligible, she can send you sponsorship which can cover your living expenses part. However, i would suggest, you can stay at your aunt's place and save your money, but while applying go for GIC as it faster process and success rate is high. If you provide your aunt's doc, then those documents will be verified and can delay the process. if you have CAD 10k, then u must go for GIC and do not worry, your money is safe and you can withdraw it easily. CAD 2k on your arrival in Canada and rest in 2k every 2 months plus you get interest paid on it.

Cheers!

ching623

Mar 12, 2013
sabby2612 said:
is she your real aunt? how she is related to you? is she filing taxes, how big is the house, how many people already living in the house?

Basis all above, if eligible, she can send you sponsorship which can cover your living expenses part. However, i would suggest, you can stay at your aunt's place and save your money, but while applying go for GIC as it faster process and success rate is high. If you provide your aunt's doc, then those documents will be verified and can delay the process. if you have CAD 10k, then u must go for GIC and do not worry, your money is safe and you can withdraw it easily. CAD 2k on your arrival in Canada and rest in 2k every 2 months plus you get interest paid on it.

Cheers!

She is my real aunt from my father's side
Actually that isn't her house, she just rents it, there are 5 people including her already living there.
She does fill taxes but low taxes

I take a 2-year diploma programme,
so the fee will be Tuition plus CAD 20,000,
I just need to show cic this amount which already includes the accommodation fee right?
Don't even need to write a letter and mention about that I will stay at her house and show her address?

Thanx!

ching623

Mar 12, 2013
or is it better that I write a statement of purpose and point it out?

as I do not have any receipt of the accommodation fee

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you fall in SPP, doesn't matter your program is of two or trhee or one year... you just need to arrange for one semester fee and CAD10k to purchase GIC. That's it. you need not tell u would stay at aunt's place. you can do so, when u arrive. However, just for your information, though she might already be aware of this, as per resident occupancy rule in canada, how many people can stay in one house depends on size, rooms... anyway she must be better equipped with this info. so no worries... and no need to mention in the SOP as well...

Cheers!

ching623

Mar 12, 2013
sabby2612 said:
If you fall in SPP, doesn't matter your program is of two or trhee or one year... you just need to arrange for one semester fee and CAD10k to purchase GIC. That's it. you need not tell u would stay at aunt's place. you can do so, when u arrive. However, just for your information, though she might already be aware of this, as per resident occupancy rule in canada, how many people can stay in one house depends on size, rooms... anyway she must be better equipped with this info. so no worries... and no need to mention in the SOP as well...

Cheers!

I'm from Hong Kong and isn't SPP only for Indian student?
Is SPP another different thing than BC PNP internetional graduate?

Really thanks for your help as I found there are many things I don't know how to do...

Could you also give me some advice for my case?
As for the bank statement, I will count for four months starting from the begining of Feb,
when there are about CAD 1385 in my bank but I have to give living expense to my mom so few days later there're only CAD 760 left, I am working and support my family expense in this way so my deposit are actually increasing slowly, so I have to lend money from relative for the proof of financial support, which is about CAD 41600 (2-year Tuition CAD 21600 + CAD 20000), I am still raising money and tend to make bank statement at the beginning of June, I have no problem with raising sufficient money but the problem is then I need to write a letter from the person providing me with money or not? ...I don't prefer purchasing GIC actually

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, you didn't mention earlier you from Hongkong. Yes BC PNP is the option for you.
Honestly, I am not much aware of CHC Hongkong, so won't really like to comment much on this thread. I would suggest you start a new thread mentioning hongkong BC PNP application assistance required... this might lead you to right group of people.

As far as for the countries where SPP is applicable, GIC is a better option as it has higher chances of Visa approval. I wish you luck.

Cheers!

ching623

Mar 12, 2013
sabby2612 said:
Sorry, you didn't mention earlier you from Hongkong. Yes BC PNP is the option for you.
Honestly, I am not much aware of CHC Hongkong, so won't really like to comment much on this thread. I would suggest you start a new thread mentioning hongkong BC PNP application assistance required... this might lead you to right group of people.

As far as for the countries where SPP is applicable, GIC is a better option as it has higher chances of Visa approval. I wish you luck.

Cheers!

BC PNP is my option after I finish the two-year diploma programme
but now I don't really know what kind of documents I actually need for the proof of financial support for study permit
I don't consider GIC as I couldn't find sponsor who can show stabe source of income

Anyway Thanx for your advice!