+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About the Application form for N.C birth certificate

Jacy105

Dec 4, 2015
I looked at the Vitalrecords of North Carolina site and on the application the box that says 'Order Certificate' which three should I check? 1) Certificate search and first copy, 2) certified or 3) uncertified.

I am guessing it must be the second one that I must check, and can someone explain how this process works?
I don't know to much about it, and where they would find information on my kids to make a certificate or they just go by the information that I fill out on the form? What purpose is my ID for, to see if my name on the form( since I'm the mother)matches my passport?

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jacy105 said:
I looked at the Vitalrecords of North Carolina site and on the application the box that says 'Order Certificate' which three should I check? 1) Certificate search and first copy, 2) certified or 3) uncertified.

I am guessing it must be the second one that I must check, and can someone explain how this process works?
I don't know to much about it, and where they would find information on my kids to make a certificate or they just go by the information that I fill out on the form? What purpose is my ID for, to see if my name on the form( since I'm the mother)matches my passport?
Don't you recall giving information to someone at the hospital when your children were born, such as their names, your name and the father's name, your place of birth (Canada), etc.? Well, the government uses that information, as well as information given by the doctor/hospital, to create what is known as a "birth certificate." These records are kept forever, and when you need a copy, you apply to the correct jurisdiction (city, county, state, province, etc.) and they issue one to you. No, they don't just take your word for it...they look in their records. In your case, just go here and apply for a CERTIFIED copy: https://bladenrod.permitium.com/rod

If you still don't understand, call the Bladen County, North Carolina Register of Deeds and someone in the office will explain the process to you: (910) 862-6710.