+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about tax

rayearth

Nov 29, 2009
h! i just want to know if i still need to pay my tax as a live in caregiver even if i received my open work permit bcoz im looking for another job now! tnx!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure what you mean. Your income you are receiving as a live-in caregiver will be taxed. The employer has a duty to withhold taxes from your wages. If you had already filed taxes and you end up owing taxes, you will have to pay them. When you get another job, your income will also be taxed.

rayearth

Nov 29, 2009
Leon said:
I am not sure what you mean. Your income you are receiving as a live-in caregiver will be taxed. The employer has a duty to withhold taxes from your wages. If you had already filed taxes and you end up owing taxes, you will have to pay them. When you get another job, your income will also be taxed.

bcoz my contract to my employer is finished and it is not automatic that my employer will release me after my contract is done

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are not a slave. You can leave your employment at any time but of course it would be the proper thing of you to give your employer notice so they know you are leaving and can make other arrangements. By leaving your employment, you need to find another place to live and you need to find another job. With your open work permit, you can take any job.

I don't see what this has to do with your taxes. Your employer has to pay you for the time you work there and he is required to withhold your taxes. When you get another job, it will be the same thing.