+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Quebec process and LMIA

govanotiforever1987

Jan 15, 2020
Good afternoon.

I have a question about my process, I have PGWP and will expire in March, 2021. My employer sent documentation to get a LMIA and also to Quebec to get the approval, also, they sent documentation for Validation job offer, in case that it takes more time I could send to IRCC an application explaining them that I can not travel to my country due to the COVID, but, still I can continue working until the last decision is taken and then get a new Visa? or I have to apply for a Visitor Visa before the expiration time, thanks.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Good afternoon.

I have a question about my process, I have PGWP and will expire in March, 2021. My employer sent documentation to get a LMIA and also to Quebec to get the approval, also, they sent documentation for Validation job offer, in case that it takes more time I could send to IRCC an application explaining them that I can not travel to my country due to the COVID, but, still I can continue working until the last decision is taken and then get a new Visa? or I have to apply for a Visitor Visa before the expiration time, thanks.
As long as the closed work permit application is submitted before your current PGWP expires, you will be on implied status and therefore be able to work until a decision is made.