+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About post ITA checklist, no sibling point at time of ITA, now required to upload sibling document?

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
Hello, can I have a question regarding on the post ITA checklist.

I received ITA before June 6 when canadian sibling extra points are rewarded. Right now I have been preparing the supporting document to upload. But it seems I am still required to upload the documents to prove the PR/Citizenship status for my sibling; is it correct? I have one sibling who is canadian PR (I have mentioned it in the EE questionnaire before ITA), and I am in EE CEC/FSW stream (currently am the only applicant in the application; single, no dependent ects.).

So the following is the post ITA checklist that I got in the EE account.

(1) Passport/Travel Documents
(2) Proof of medical exam
(3) Education (diploma/degree)
(4) Employment Records
(5) Education Transcripts
(6) Police Certificate
(7) Proof of means of financial support
(8) Digital Photo
(9) Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling
(10) Proof of Residency in Canada of sibling
(11) Proof of sibling relationship
(12) Family Member Proof of Status

Can I ask the checklist item (9) (10) (11) (12) are required even the sibling points were not rewarded at the time of ITA (received ITA before June 6, 2017)?

And what is the difference between item (9) and (12)? Isn't it both of them trying to prove the sibling PR/Citizenship status? Isn't it too weird to upload the exact same document in both (9) and (12)? Or maybe do I miss something here.

Does any senior happen to know about this? Thank you.

charlink123

Mar 30, 2016
Actually I have the same question.

What is the difference between "Family member proof of status" and "Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling"? It is very odd to upload exact the same document in two places.

And at the time of ITA, there is no extra point for sibling. And if the application is submitted right now, is it also required to upload the supporting document to prove sibling status in the country?

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
Hello, can I have a question regarding on the post ITA checklist.

I received ITA before June 6 when canadian sibling extra points are rewarded. Right now I have been preparing the supporting document to upload. But it seems I am still required to upload the documents to prove the PR/Citizenship status for my sibling; is it correct? I have one sibling who is canadian PR (I have mentioned it in the EE questionnaire before ITA), and I am in EE CEC/FSW stream (currently am the only applicant in the application; single, no dependent ects.).

So the following is the post ITA checklist that I got in the EE account.

(1) Passport/Travel Documents
(2) Proof of medical exam
(3) Education (diploma/degree)
(4) Employment Records
(5) Education Transcripts
(6) Police Certificate
(7) Proof of means of financial support
(8) Digital Photo
(9) Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling
(10) Proof of Residency in Canada of sibling
(11) Proof of sibling relationship
(12) Family Member Proof of Status

Can I ask the checklist item (9) (10) (11) (12) are required even the sibling points were not rewarded at the time of ITA (received ITA before June 6, 2017)?

And what is the difference between item (9) and (12)? Isn't it both of them trying to prove the sibling PR/Citizenship status? Isn't it too weird to upload the exact same document in both (9) and (12)? Or maybe do I miss something here.

Does any senior happen to know about this? Thank you.
Not a senior but will try answer anyway :)

I doubt 9-12 would be required if you are not claiming points, but since this is such a new change they may just expect applicants to target the points as you mentioned it in your EE profile. Is there an issue getting the details because that would be the easiest, if there is then send them a letter explaining the issue and stating you aren't claiming the points.

I'm also confused with 9 and 12, maybe it's for a parent or child you are including?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Mentioning that you got a relative in Canada does affect the FSW points (even though it doesn't affect the EE points) hence why they want you to prove it. I guess they ask for more documents after the June 6th update regardless of whether you're getting extra EE points or not.

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
Not a senior but will try answer anyway :)

I doubt 9-12 would be required if you are not claiming points, but since this is such a new change they may just expect applicants to target the points as you mentioned it in your EE profile. Is there an issue getting the details because that would be the easiest, if there is then send them a letter explaining the issue and stating you aren't claiming the points.

I'm also confused with 9 and 12, maybe it's for a parent or child you are including?
Hello, Sir. Actually I am the only applicant in this EE application (single and no dependent child, and parents are no in the application either). I am very confused about 9 and 12. Because it seems to me that it requires the same documents. I clicked the "Question mark" blurb for 12 (Family member proof of status) in the EE account.

It shows "You must provide a copy of your family member's Canadian Citizenship or Canadian immigration status document (e.g. Canadian passport, Permanent Resident Card, Study Permit, or Work Permit). Please provide a copy of both sides of the document."

And it seems kind of odd, because it seems that it even needs study permit/work permit from family member who is PR/citizen, besides PR card/passport.

Can I ask if "Family member proof of status" item shows up in other EE applications checklists? Or is it possible that there is bug in the system? I have double checked my answer in the EE questionnaire, and I have made sure that I am put in the correct information (only one applicant in the application).

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
Mentioning that you got a relative in Canada does affect the FSW points (even though it doesn't affect the EE points) hence why they want you to prove it. I guess they ask for more documents after the June 6th update regardless of whether you're getting extra EE points or not.
Hello, Sir. Yes, mentioning canadian sibling do help FSW points. But for checklist item 9 (proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling) and 12 (Family member proof of status), aren't they redundant? Are they requesting the same document?

Have you seen item 12 (Family member proof of status) in other type of application? Maybe only CEC/FSW applicant with a dependent child have this item?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hello, Sir. Yes, mentioning canadian sibling do help FSW points. But for checklist item 9 (proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling) and 12 (Family member proof of status), aren't they redundant? Are they requesting the same document?

Have you seen item 12 (Family member proof of status) in other type of application? Maybe only CEC/FSW applicant with a dependent child have this item?
It is but it might be related to the June update, which I know doesn't apply to you. Maybe others with a similar case like yours can mention if they have the same requirements.

Wunderkid

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Dear Upperkut

I have the same question. I received an ITA on May 4th and I have an sibling in Canada who has PR .I haven't received any points for my EE profile his for this .However ,do we actually get points after submission of documents or this has no bearing any longer on points but rather is a document requirement?

charlink123

Mar 30, 2016
Dear Upperkut

I have the same question. I received an ITA on May 4th and I have an sibling in Canada who has PR .I haven't received any points for my EE profile his for this .However ,do we actually get points after submission of documents or this has no bearing any longer on points but rather is a document requirement?
Hello, are you also having those two items "Family member proof of status" and "Proof of PR/Citizenship of Sibling" in your checklist?

And what documents do you upload in those two items respectively?

I also happen to have a sibling who is PR/Citizen. It seems to me that those two fields are exact the same.

Sindan

Jun 17, 2017
I am in the same position. I noticed that the last three question were added after Jun 6. So I intend to submit the same document( my sibling's Canadian passport) in 9 and 12

charlink123

Mar 30, 2016
I am in the same position. I noticed that the last three question were added after Jun 6. So I intend to submit the same document( my sibling's Canadian passport) in 9 and 12
Hello, can I ask that is it necessary to upload the "birth certificate" of sibling in both 9 and 12 too (just to prove the sibling relationship)? I know item 11 is already asking for "proof of sibling relationship". But is it pre-cautious to just upload it in other 9 and 12 too?

I have searched online for a long time about item 9 and 12. But it seems no others are posting/having these kinds of problem. But these changes after June 6 should affect everyone who has a sibling in the country.

And logically, it is very odd to upload the same document in two places (9 and 12).

Prt0721

Mar 26, 2017
Hi All,

I have claimed points for my brother who lives in canada. I'm uploading our birth certificates to prove my relationship with him. However, our father's names are slightly different on the BC. On my BC there is a middle name (Vinod chandra Tripathi) while on my brother's BC, middle name is missing from my father's name (Vinod Tripathi) . Since my father is no more, my mother signed an affidavit stating both names (the one with the middle name and the one without middle name) belong to the same person i.e her husband. I will be uploading following things in proof of relationship :

1. Our birth certificates original and translated ones translated by certified translator along with affidavit
2. Dual name affidavit signed by my mother
3. My mother's passport showing her husband's name
4. My father's death certificate (original and translated)

I will be explaining all this in LOE

Let me know if this approach is correct or if I'm missing anything

Last edited:

klksunny

Jun 30, 2017
Hi..i want to claim my sibling points for my EE application..
What documents did you upload for point "(10) Proof of Residency in Canada of sibling"

I have a sibling who recently moved to canada a month back and has a bank account in his name without much activity...is his bank acc statement acceptable proof that he stays in canada?

Are officials asking for bank accounts older than 6 months or a bank account opened a month back will suffice?

Wunderkid

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Hello, are you also having those two items "Family member proof of status" and "Proof of PR/Citizenship of Sibling" in your checklist?

And what documents do you upload in those two items respectively?

I also happen to have a sibling who is PR/Citizen. It seems to me that those two fields are exact the same.
Yes ,I have the same fields.I suppose these two are the same and we should upload the sibling's PR evidence twice.

Wunderkid

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Hi..i want to claim my sibling points for my EE application..
What documents did you upload for point "(10) Proof of Residency in Canada of sibling"

I have a sibling who recently moved to canada a month back and has a bank account in his name without much activity...is his bank acc statement acceptable proof that he stays in canada?

Are officials asking for bank accounts older than 6 months or a bank account opened a month back will suffice?
Latest Bank statement should suffice even if it just one month old. The bank statement will have your sibling's residential address and that is the main thing.