+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About PGWP

dreamonking

Feb 26, 2022
I have 3 courses left 2 of them are practicum (5 and 4 credits) and one is 3 credits. My COOP work permit was supposed to come before fall and I would be working this fall but it was late so I couldn’t apply for this fall. There is a condition in COOP in my uni where you need to complete COOP before taking practicum courses which is why the university advised me to take a scheduled break where I can take the 3 credit subject now, apply for COOP in spring and complete my practicum in summer. However, in IRCC it is written that only last semester can be taken as part-time (less than 9 credits) and we need to provide IRCC with proof of why we took the scheduled breaks. The university doesn’t have a policy where we can ask for an official letter stating our scheduled break, but while providing its transcript it does give us a letter with uni letterhead which is signed by the director where it states it’s the full-time or part-time definition, it’s conditions for scheduled breaks. Will that form be enough to convince IRCC that I can study part-time right now and do COOP next term and complete my course with the practicum? Or do you not suggest taking the part-time course as it complicates the matter?

My course will be 20 months long if I don’t do the COOP and take 9 credits this semester and 3 credits for the last. On one of the university websites, it is clearly stated the course is 2 years long however students can accelerate the process and complete their studies within 24 months. Can I get a 3-year work permit on the basis of that as I will only have a 20-month long course? For now, my main concern is PGWP. Can you please provide me insight and what to do?