+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about permanent residence

ankit

Apr 16, 2009
hi
i had completed my btech and working for past one year.how long it will take to get permanent residence if i applied for pr now.today i met one of the consultant they said that we can get canada pr with in one year ,is it true??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You might be able to get it in one year, yes. Look at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp to find an immigration class that works for you.

ankit

Apr 16, 2009
thanks for your replay leon.if we got pr in the category of Quebec-selected skilled workers,can we settle in torronto?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not immediately. If you go through Quebec, you need to land in Quebec and best to stay there at least until you get your PR cards and SIN cards. You can use that month to look around for jobs. If you don't find any, you are free to move to Toronto or anywhere else.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You apply for the PR card when you land and they will send it to you approximately 30 days after you give them an address. If you can give them an address right away, it will be a bit faster but give them an address later if you have to. It's not a guarantee with the 30 days, sometimes it takes 6 weeks or longer. The SIN card you apply for after you are in Canada and they will send it to you in the mail in a week or two.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ankit said:
is there any Fast Track Immigration to Canada in 6-12 months
It's kind of the wrong place to be asking that under PR obligations but yeah, if you apply as a federal skilled worker, under the new rules, it's supposed to be fast. Immigration is aiming at 6-12 months but not enough experience to see how close they will get yet. QSW is also pretty fast from some countries.