+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about passport page in citizenship application

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
This is what the checklist "cit0007e-2" mentions:

"Photocopies of biographical pages of passports and/or travel documents covering the five (5) years immediately before the date of your
application. If these documents are not in your possession, provide an explanation in question #14 on the application form and see Step 4.14
Complete the application form of the instruction guide.
Note: if your passport validity was extended, include a photocopy of the page(s) containing the extension stamp(s)."

Last edited:
Reactions: EstherBarros

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Hello, on the CIC website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html, it doesn't specify which pages of the passport should be included. So which one of the following should be sent?

(1) Bio page
(2) All pages with stamps
(3) All pages

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks
Hi,
send bio data page of your passport only.

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
I’d suggest you send them a copy of all pages of your passport like I did.
This way, they will see everything regarding your entries and exits.
Send them a copy of all pages.
Bad suggestion. You don't want to overwhelm them by sending all pages, something they don't ask for. Verification of entries and exits is done at the interview or when an RQ is sent. At this point, they only want the bio page of a passport for identity verification.

Last edited:
Reactions: EstherBarros

canvan14

May 8, 2014
They only need the first page (biographical page), the document checklist mentioned that.
I did not send them any pages with entry/exit stamps.

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Bad suggestion. You don't want to overwhelm them by sending all pages, something they don't ask for. Verification of entries and exits is done at the interview or when an RQ is sent. At this point, they only want the bio page of a passport for identity verification.
Not sure how this can be a bad suggestion. This option is the safest.
I was trying to help out based on my personal experience.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of your current passport and/or travel document.
No need to
send all pages of your passport.
No officer is going to sit and tally with the entry /exit of your passport.
They have CBSA reports and other resources for cross verification.
For PR renewal when I did in 2016 all pages of passport had to be send and it was clearly mentioned on checklist.

Reactions: jackan

Vesimsyd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
I asked this to my friend before filling my application, he applied through immigration lawyers as per him

Yes its about biographical pages only on the application
Officer, after your test will again check them , yes even empty pages of your passport

If him/her sees more or less than what you submit he will ask you about your stamps (btw officer can ask whatever ).

In the end it doesn't matter if you send all they will just discard what they don't need no fuss about it .

Reactions: scorph

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
I asked this to my friend before filling my application, he applied through immigration lawyers as per him

Officer, after your test will again check them , yes even empty pages of your passport

If him/her sees more or less than what you submit he will ask you about your stamps (btw officer can ask whatever ).

In the end it doesn't matter if you send all they will just discard what they don't need no fuss about it .
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC

That’s why I said it’s safe to send copy of all pages.