+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About OINP - international student stream 2020

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
That's not the point I was talking about
How many of them missed the registration when registration was opened and closed with in 20 min and New EOI will be equal chance for every one .
Cos I know personally some people registered without having minimum requirement and got the file number and later didn't apply for various reasons .

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
That's not the point I was talking about
How many of them missed the registration when registration was opened and closed with in 20 min and New EOI will be equal chance for every one .
Cos I know personally some people registered without having minimum requirement and got the file number and later didn't apply for various reasons .
EOI ranking will select the brightest & smartest, not all of them...

G1jot

Oct 2, 2020
Once we are nominated by the OINP- International student stream, we receive an email from oinp including the nominee certificate, nominee approval letter and work permit letter.
My question is does OINP Mail these documents as well or not?

nave0010

Nov 23, 2020
Hello folks,

I am wondering regarding my OINP - International Student Steam application. I've submitted my documents on August 28 but still my application is in under "Assessment". Can some one please tell if I need to wait further long or should I sent Ontario Nominee an email to check the status on my file number. They have never returned back to me and my employer seeking more information regarding any additional documents. Please suggest, thank you.!

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
Once we are nominated by the OINP- International student stream, we receive an email from oinp including the nominee certificate, nominee approval letter and work permit letter.
My question is does OINP Mail these documents as well or not?
No
Why you need original docs ?

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
Hello folks,

I am wondering regarding my OINP - International Student Steam application. I've submitted my documents on August 28 but still my application is in under "Assessment". Can some one please tell if I need to wait further long or should I sent Ontario Nominee an email to check the status on my file number. They have never returned back to me and my employer seeking more information regarding any additional documents. Please suggest, thank you.!
Yes you can call them OINP or write to them after 3 month of Submission

cuneyt

Sep 1, 2020
Hi Guys,

I would like to discuss my situation. My application is in the DIP stage now. My PGWP will expire at the end of March. At the end of September, I applied for SOWP work permit via my wife's PGWP which is valid until December 2021 with her 3 payslips of the NOC B job. It means that I applied 6 months before my permit expires The reason is that my company has more than 150 employees and I am the only foreign worker. Therefore the HR department doesn't know anything about Implied status and they request a valid work permit without a cut. Since the processing time for the Work permit reached 192 days, I had to apply it at that time in order to get SOWP before PGWP expires. Now, the processing times reduced, I saw some posts that if you apply for a Work permit too early, it might be refused. What are your opinions? Do you have any experiences with a similar situation? And finally, please explain to me the process of applying for a closed work permit with a Work permit support letter that we are getting from OINP? How do companies approach it usually? Applying process is difficult for them?

It is a little bit of a long post. Thank you for your patience in advance.

Last edited: