+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About OINP - international student stream 2020

ivananaa

Aug 24, 2020
Exact same situation, I only attached a RCMP certificate for my time in Canada. I got my birth certificate translated.
thank you for your response, I'm in the process of getting the RCMP certificate too, hope it wouldn't take too long.. also, can I know where do you get your documents translated?

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
thank you for your response, I was unsure since it said in the document checklist that we only need to 'get a police certificate from each country where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18'. but I think I'll try to get it if it's possible, just in case haha
Cos you have born and raised there after 18 you will have to get the PCC and other countries more than 6 month you lived

Dhhur

Nov 16, 2020
Hi, does anyone know when the next opening will be for the stream?
I just start to read all the threads recently. It sounds like not this year as all the quota have been filled up according to some ppl.
It’s a lot to read but give it a try. I am sure you will get something from reading em.

Oinpcandidate

Oct 14, 2020
I would like to inquire about Language Proficiency Requirement. I have received nomination from Ontario under International Students Stream - Noc O. Do i need to provide IELTS score or no for federal paper based application ?

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
I would like to inquire about Language Proficiency Requirement. I have received nomination from Ontario under International Students Stream - Noc O. Do i need to provide IELTS score or no for federal paper based application ?
Advise your timeline for nomination

G1jot

Oct 2, 2020
I am going to send my paper based file but
I have a question regaring the documents:
My original birth certificate is in Punjabi and I have a translation of that document from Punjabi to English and I got it Notarized from India in Feb 2020.
My question here is does the Notary have any expiry date and is it okay if I got the notary done from India?

Please help!!!

Oinpcandidate

Oct 14, 2020
I am going to send my paper based file but
I have a question regaring the documents:
My original birth certificate is in Punjabi and I have a translation of that document from Punjabi to English and I got it Notarized from India in Feb 2020.
My question here is does the Notary have any expiry date and is it okay if I got the notary done from India?

Please help!!!
I will suggest you to get a certified translation of Punjabi document from Canada. You can get certified translation same day. If your previous translation is not done by certified translator then you need affidavit as well. Other than this, i think if you do notary from outside of Canada, then notarised paper must be stamped with 'valid outside of india' but I'm not sure on this.

Other than this, I'm also submitting paper based application for federal PR. Got nomination from Ontario under international students stream. Noc 0 . Do i need to give IELTS exam as well or no. Did you gave IELTS exam or no ?

Thanks.

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
I got mine

I got in.
I was so nervous and trembling I'm wasn't sure I selected the appropriate stream until I saw the receipt. I can't believe I made it.

For future applicants, if it helps, here's what I did: I downloaded a Chrome extension called "Easy Auto Refresh". I set it to refresh two windows, the "maintenance message" page and the OINP page every 10 seconds (started doing this around 7:30) both windows were scaled to fit in 1/4 of my screen while I used 3/4 of my screen for my usual work stuff. I got in without having to wait in the queue.

The system will ask you for your full name, date of birth, email, country of residence, and phone number. I was very nervous and my hands were shaking, but it roughly takes 90 seconds to fill in everything. You'll get an email confirmation right away with your file number.
Awesome approach bro, thanks for sharing this. do we need to turn off the Auto-Refresh once the system gets you in ?