+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About OINP - international student stream 2020

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
ohk sounds good thanks guys. They usually open this stream twice a year. So lets see next year hopefully. Or may be if lucky they will open again by end of year.

blueivory

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Hi guys, seems my employer does not want to sign the employer form. Is there anyone who works at Canadian tire call Centre ontario and was able to get the employer form signed? Pls how did u go about this?

Kp11

Dec 13, 2017
Did anyone apply for OINP reconsideration?
And have any idea how long does it takes? I am in GTA and i got refusal because out of 5 Canadian/PR employees one was part time. So i have submitted one more full time employee details but he got approval of hid PR after I submitted my file. So anyone have idea that i will get approval or not?

kanchi patel

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
I am about to submit my OINP International student stream application. I’ve successfully met all the criteria’s and met the requirements. I do have one question although:
  • Once I receive my OINP nomination certificate for this program, what should be my next steps?
  • How would I add it to my current express entry profile ? I'm in the pool with CRS score of 420 currently, I‘m assuming that I would get the 600 points which will help me to get federal PR easily.
  • Is there anything else that I should be aware of for this program, as $1500 fee is a big amount that I’m going to pay?

jugarsep

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
I am about to submit my OINP International student stream application. I’ve successfully met all the criteria’s and met the requirements. I do have one question although:
  • Once I receive my OINP nomination certificate for this program, what should be my next steps?
  • How would I add it to my current express entry profile ? I'm in the pool with CRS score of 420 currently, I‘m assuming that I would get the 600 points which will help me to get federal PR easily.
  • Is there anything else that I should be aware of for this program, as $1500 fee is a big amount that I’m going to pay?
This stream is not linked with Express Entry, which means that you will have to apply on paper after getting your nomination. That process may take around 20 months.

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
1.) apply for paper based PR application
2.) you cannot go for express entry, in other words you cannot claim 600 points for OINP international student stream. You have to go through paper based PR application. Forget anything about crs points.
3.) there is additional fee for pr application after you will get nominated.

ivananaa

Aug 24, 2020
Hi, I need some help in OINP education requirements. It is said that we can apply within 2 years of completion of education.

However, on my transcript there are 2 dates:
Completion date: August 17, 2018
Conferral/ Graduation date: October 31, 2018

I got my Diploma on Graduation ceremony in October. It says "Awarded in October 2018" but there's no date here.

Which date should I consider? I registered for OINP on 19th August 2020 already, just need to submit my application.
If they see the date on my diploma then I'm good, but if they see the completion date I might not be eligible as 2 years has passed on August 17.

Any responses will be much appreciated. Thanks!

sandipgoswami

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi, I need some help in OINP education requirements. It is said that we can apply within 2 years of completion of education.

I got my Diploma on Graduation ceremony in October. It says "Awarded in October 2018" but there's no date here.

Which date should I consider? I registered for OINP on 19th August 2020 already, just need to submit my application.
If they see the date on my diploma then I'm good, but if they see the completion date I might not be eligible as 2 years has passed on August 17.

Hi,
I would advise, please call ONIP officer and confirm with them.

Ask us a question by email at ontarionominee@ontario.ca or by phone from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at:

• Tel: 416-327-0374

sandipgoswami

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
1] Apply a paper-based application
2] This is a paper-based application so you will not get any points in the express entry.
3] PNP fees $1500 dollar and Paper-based application fees $1385 (approximately but check on website ).

If you applying for an International student stream and if you are an Indian citizen then I would recommend that apply PCC.
Please let me know if you have any questions

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020

usually its the date as reflected on your degree, advise to check with OINP.