+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About OINP - international student stream 2020

Kandy123

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
As long as if he had Degree that will be fine
Today I got to know some one refused for lower wage saying has to be above the median wage
This is really funny
Seems they don't have quota and refusing every one who is left now

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
We are burned when we signed this in our nomination lol:

1. I understand and agree that, even if I submit a complete application within the specified time frame, and even if I meet all eligibility criteria, I have no entitlement to have the Program accept this application. I understand and agree that the decision to accept this application is at the Director's sole discretion in accordance with the Ontario Immigration Act, 2015, S.O. 2015, c. 8, and that submitting this application or even meeting Program criteria does not guarantee that this application will be accepted or granted.
  2. I understand and agree that the Government of Ontario may decide to change any aspect of the Program, including any time limits, nomination categories, eligibility criteria, distribution of nominations by category, and supporting documentation requirements at any time and without notice to me.

Kandy123

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
We are burned when we signed this in our nomination lol:

1. I understand and agree that, even if I submit a complete application within the specified time frame, and even if I meet all eligibility criteria, I have no entitlement to have the Program accept this application. I understand and agree that the decision to accept this application is at the Director's sole discretion in accordance with the Ontario Immigration Act, 2015, S.O. 2015, c. 8, and that submitting this application or even meeting Program criteria does not guarantee that this application will be accepted or granted.
  2. I understand and agree that the Government of Ontario may decide to change any aspect of the Program, including any time limits, nomination categories, eligibility criteria, distribution of nominations by category, and supporting documentation requirements at any time and without notice to me.
Whats the hell are they talking it is there mistake only and they are trying to cover up tbem self its shame for them

Reactions: CripplingYogi194

Kandy123

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Hi experts, I need your expertise on the below especially for those who have in the same situation as me and got a nomination:
My company's head office is in Toronto and have different branches across Canada. Employees' payroll is in the head office and some employees including myself sometimes go to the different branches within the region to take care of the business especially when there are absences/vacation, sick leaves in a specific branch.
I was hired and work for almost 2yrs now in a branch outside the GTA with less than 3 people that are citizens/permanent residents at the moment. I have colleagues before who are citizens but were assigned to take over a branch in another city within Ontario due to a maternity leave of an employee and one was a promotion.
My head office have lots of citizens and permanent residents however some branches including my branch at the moment have less than 3 PRs/Citizens. My questions are:
Can the company use the total number of employees as a whole and not on a per branch basis when they fill out the employer form?
Will I be eligible for the OINP?
Appreciate your response, thank you.
NO you need 5 Canadain employers full time basis in same location working full time

cheramz

Apr 3, 2017
NO you need 5 Canadain employers full time basis in same location working full time
I read in a thread somewhere that the province will consider the company as a whole not as a branch. My company employs 2000 combined citizens and permanent residents across the province, however the branch that I am with which is outside the GTA has less than the required number of PRs/citizens that is why I am confused.

Kandy123

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
I read in a thread somewhere that the province will consider the company as a whole not as a branch. My company employs 2000 combined citizens and permanent residents across the province, however the branch that I am with which is outside the GTA has less than the required number of PRs/citizens that is why I am confused.
This is why I said it has to be same location where you work and the company was registered location

Deep4_me

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
As long as if he had Degree that will be fine
Today I got to know some one refused for lower wage saying has to be above the median wage
This is really funny
Seems they don't have quota and refusing every one who is left now
where did you find this information?

Ms B

Dec 3, 2020
Hi Seniors,

I need your quidiance.

I am a current master's student and I hope to complete my degree in July 2021. Kindly advise on how soon i can apply for the OINP masters stream. Also, i have foreign work experience, can i apply with just the foreign work experience or do I have to have Canada work experience?