AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
Hi folks, I am still working on my employment letter and I get confused about the job duties for 1241 ( Administrative Assistant, type B). It looks so similar to another two Type C jobs -- 1411 (Office clerks) and 1441 ( administrative clerk, type C). Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between these three? I am guessing that under 1241, you have more managing & decision making tasks to do, including establishing file management systems, train other staffs on systems and office procedures, as well as edit and proofread documents? I am looking forward to hearing about your insights on this issue :D

Anyway, here comes the different duties for these NOCs:

For 1441:

Administrative clerks perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Compile, verify, record and process applications, licences, permits, contracts, registrations, requisitions, and other forms and documents in accordance with established procedures and schedules, using computerized and manual processing systems
  • Authorize and issue licences, permits, registration papers, reimbursements or other material after requesting documents have been processed and approved
  • Maintain inventory of office supplies and order supplies as required
  • Prepare reports and presentations and provide information to staff and general public regarding company and program rules, regulations and procedures
  • Assist in the co-ordination of administrative procedures such as budget submissions, contracts administration and work schedules
  • May be responsible for some accounting tasks
  • May organize and co-ordinate flow of work for general office clerks and data entry clerks.
For 1241:
  • Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from shorthand, machine dictation and handwritten copy using computers
  • Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
  • Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
  • Order office supplies and maintain inventory
  • Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
  • Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
  • Determine and establish office procedures
  • Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
  • Record and prepare minutes of meetings
  • Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
  • May compile data, statistics and other information and may conduct research
  • May organize conferences
  • May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software.
For 1411:
  • Key in, edit, proofread and finalize correspondence, reports, statements, invoices, forms, presentations and other documents, from notes or dictaphone, using computers
  • Respond to telephone, in person or electronic enquiries or forward to appropriate person
  • Provide general information to clients and the public
  • Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
  • Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
  • Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically
  • Send and receive messages and documents using fax machine or electronic mail
  • May perform bookkeeping tasks such as preparing invoices and bank deposits
  • May sort, process and verify applications, receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents
  • May order office supplies, service office equipment and arrange for servicing in the case of major repairs.

tessa2105

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Interview........
2019-10-21
LANDED..........
2019-10-21
I'm not sure what kind of answer you're looking for where clearly there is some variation in the job description, with 1241 being the more skilled position.

If you are looking to pick a NOC for your employment, you need to chose the one you can most closely match your job description with. This is where many people see their application rejected (where the job description insufficiently matches the NOC stated).