+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about NOC 0213 - how many staff you should be managing at a minimum

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hello friends,

i would be interested to know if you are claiming NOC 0213 for "Computer and Information Systems Managers", how many staff you should be managing for you to convince CIC that you were really a manager? i am concerned because a manager can be a manager of a department having many (say 20+) subordinate staff and a manager can also be a manager of a team of only a few (say 3, 4, or 5) individuals... depending upon the size of the company.

for those of you who claimed NOC 0213 and successfully went through the initial stage at Sydney, NS, please share how many staff you were managing as a manager. if you don't feel comfortable on replying here, please PM me. i'll be very much thankful.

regards

P

pv

CIC has not mentioned such no# anywhere under NOC description.

Put something betn 5 & 10 or put the max team size you have had at any point in your career ?

Best answere you will get , as you have already asked someone who got confirmation from CIO can share this info ?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
A manager can manage from 1- infinite # of people in an organization. cic will be looking for your duties as a manager not the number of persons you manage. but thats a fair thought that came to your mind which could be asked if youre called for an interview at the visa office. Duties and responsibilities are important. But I got a few qustions like can Assistant Managers can apply under than 0213 ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Againt, they look at your duties If your title is Assistant manager but you do the duties to match NOC 0213, you qualify. Title is not important. You could have a weird boss who gives your a weird title like EasterBunny #2 or whatever. It's the duties that matter.

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
"Jeff Taylor founded The Monster Board and served as CEO and "Chief Monster" for many years."

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster.com

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you might be "Assistant Monster" for all CIC cares but if your duties match 0213, you can apply under that NOC.

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
that was my point, Leon :)

I imagine the dialogue at the interview:

- So, tell us about your experience with database management.

- In my previous job, as Senior Information Gremlin, I was in charge of a team of 5 Junior Computer Ogres and an Assistant Information Gremlin. Together, we took care of the company's database of Creatures of the Swamp - those are our valued customers.