+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About my study permit as well as work permit

Luck patel

Dec 16, 2018
Hello, I am an international student doing a drilling technician program in Ontario. The problem is I failed in one subeject in the third semester and college offer this subject in only fall intake like from September to January so I need to retake it next September 2019 to complete my program. I have many confusion regarding my study permit extension as well as my PGWP. Please someone let me know about it how many years of possible PGWP I will get after this proble as well as about the study permit extension.
Thanks

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
Hello, I am an international student doing a drilling technician program in Ontario. The problem is I failed in one subeject in the third semester and college offer this subject in only fall intake like from September to January so I need to retake it next September 2019 to complete my program. I have many confusion regarding my study permit extension as well as my PGWP. Please someone let me know about it how many years of possible PGWP I will get after this proble as well as about the study permit extension.
Thanks
As long as your studies is continuos, you will get pgwp according to your length of program. Rest you can discuss with college. Because they will give your information to embassy.

Luck patel

Dec 16, 2018
As long as your studies is continuos, you will get pgwp according to your length of program. Rest you can discuss with college. Because they will give your information to embassy.
Thanks for replying, but I have one confusion regarding to my 4 months break. Is it will create any problem

Luck patel

Dec 16, 2018
Hey, can you explain me what I can do and I can’t do in the possible next 4 months break and the rest 4 months study of 1 subject because I will be the part time student at that time.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If it is your last semester you are allowed to be part time. About break if this is an official "scheduled" break that is part of your program then there is no problem if it is not a scheduled break then by the rules you will not qualify for PGWP if you take it.
While you can try to explain your situation in your PGWP application the officer is not required to considered your explanation so it is up to them if they allow any violation of the written rules.

Luck patel

Dec 16, 2018
Hey, the subject in which I have failed is only offer in September to December and due to that I am facing this problem. Know I don’t know wheather the break will be official or not.

Luck patel

Dec 16, 2018
Hi, is I can extend my study permit easily or I have to face any problem. As I have to complete my one subject in next September to December to complete my program.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, is I can extend my study permit easily or I have to face any problem. As I have to complete my one subject in next September to December to complete my program.
When were you supposed to finish your program?

Luck patel

Dec 16, 2018
It’s supposed to finish on April 2019, but due to one subject it will finish on December 2019. I have started on January 2018.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It’s supposed to finish on April 2019, but due to one subject it will finish on December 2019. I have started on January 2018.
As you will have a 4 month unofficial break and then a part time semester, your PGWP should be refused.

Note that you cannot work at all after April.

Luck patel

Dec 16, 2018
Yes I know I can’t work after April and that’s fine for me but than after is it will creat a problem for getting PGWP after I not work at all during that period of time.

And one more thing that for work experience calculation is it need to have job of the field which we study hear or it ok to have job based on the beck home education as I am a mechanical engineere and I have strong knowledge of CNC programming and operating and I am looking forward my career into that field. Please answer me genuine reply.
Thanks and Happy New year