+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About my G2 road test

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
When I passed G1 test I made a mistake and told that I don't have my back home driver license. But now I want to get G2 road test. So can I show my driver license now and go to road test? Because I dont want to wait 1 year.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
So, you forgot you have a driver license from your home country? Just sort of slipped your mind when you filled out the form that said “Do you hold a license from any other jurisdiction”?
So, now you have lied to the motor vehicle branch and you are holding 2 drivers licenses, which is illegal and can result in arrest, fines or even imprisonment! Think you should be happy you have your G1 and wait for the 1 year.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/culture/commuting/is-it-illegal-to-carry-two-valid-licences-from-two-different-provinces/article25730125/

"When applying/exchanging for an Ontario driver's licence, the driver must complete an application form which includes 'Have you held a driver's licence outside of Ontario?'" MTO spokesman Bob Nichols said in an email statement. "Under provincial legislation, the penalty for making a false statement may include a fine and/or imprisonment and/or a driver's licence suspension."

Reactions: Will_PA