+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about my Discontinous work experience with a same employer

AKAUR26

Sep 30, 2018
Hi,
I am in dilemma from the last 6 months, and have discovered with many consultants, but answer I got all are different.
I started my work on 9july 2019.. they have promoted me as a shift supervisor at KFC but increased my pay in november 2019...
will that time period from july- Nov 2019 will be counted in my experience. totally confused..
and
the Most important question that I have,
my store was closed due to covid from March 2020 to 31Aug 2020 and I stopped Working and applied EI.

again it stated from 1Sept 2020 to Jan2021
again now on Jan 14 it’s closed till Lockdwn Lifts.

Some lawyers said your all work experience will be counted and others say that its not continous work. its not gonna count. but its not my fault.

and I have 1 yr and 4 months PGWP left.

what should i do??
is there any category which I can eliminate for ??
Thanks

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,
I am in dilemma from the last 6 months, and have discovered with many consultants, but answer I got all are different.
I started my work on 9july 2019.. they have promoted me as a shift supervisor at KFC but increased my pay in november 2019...
will that time period from july- Nov 2019 will be counted in my experience. totally confused..
and
the Most important question that I have,
my store was closed due to covid from March 2020 to 31Aug 2020 and I stopped Working and applied EI.

again it stated from 1Sept 2020 to Jan2021
again now on Jan 14 it’s closed till Lockdwn Lifts.

Some lawyers said your all work experience will be counted and others say that its not continous work. its not gonna count. but its not my fault.

and I have 1 yr and 4 months PGWP left.

what should i do??
is there any category which I can eliminate for ??
Thanks
Work experience for CEC need NOT be continuous.

Hence, as long as you've worked the equivalent to 1 full-time year of work (1560 hours) @ 30 hours or less per week then you qualify for CEC.

You could have 12 different experiences of 1 month each with 12 different employers, it doesn't matter. What matter is the big total and that it is over the last 3 years and that the NOC is one that qualifies (A,B or O)

AKAUR26

Sep 30, 2018
Work experience for CEC need NOT be continuous.

Hence, as long as you've worked the equivalent to 1 full-time year of work (1560 hours) @ 30 hours or less per week then you qualify for CEC.

You could have 12 different experiences of 1 month each with 12 different employers, it doesn't matter. What matter is the big total and that it is over the last 3 years and that the NOC is one that qualifies (A,B or O)

AKAUR26

Sep 30, 2018
Thanks for letting me know.

and what about the experience that i did from July2019- Nov2019 with regular pay rate but with title of shift supervisor.

and I would have to apply for LMIA to gain point.

still with LMIA, Can I go with CEC Category???

Regards

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks for letting me know.

and what about the experience that i did from July2019- Nov2019 with regular pay rate but with title of shift supervisor.

and I would have to apply for LMIA to gain point.

still with LMIA, Can I go with CEC Category???

Regards
What matters are your duties, pay is not relevant.

CEC works as long as it was legal work in Canada under work permit (or implied status while waiting for PGWP)

AKAUR26

Sep 30, 2018
DOES LMIA comes under Federal Skilled Worker EE category??
(FSW EE) which says you have to get 1 year continuous work experience.???

totally confused at this point.