+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About moving out of the province you have been nominated for school

Dani3lism

Oct 26, 2013
Hi, guys
I have been searching and found a few discussion about this matter.
I was nominated under SINP and I am waiting for my PR right now.
I really love Sask. It's really a great place to settle since the economy is growing and
there are a lot of job opportunities.. I really meant it when I signed my application about intention to settle in Sask.

Here is a thing,
I am still a student and I couldn't finish my education because I had to work on my immigration.
And I really want to go to a university in ON and come back to Sask. for getting a job after when I graduate or whatever.

Is it risky to move out of Sask. EVEN FOR SCHOOL after getting PR?
I think this topic is very controversial.. and I really want to know the answer to this.
Or do I have to call SINP office to ask about this matter?

Thank you for reading,

catpea33

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Sept-Iles, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS and CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2013
Nomination.....
14-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-05-2013
Interview........
RPRF paid 18 June 2013
Passport Req..
28-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2014
LANDED..........
24-06-2014
Is it risky? Yes, definitely. Will they find out? That's a choice you have to make.

I don't think anyone can really advise on this except immigration. Some people might say that even alerting them to the fact that you're considering leaving would be a bad move.

Why can't you finish school in Sask?

taurus25

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
after getting pr its not a problem to move out of the province but before that it can be a problem if they found out . It depends upon ur risk appetite.

Dani3lism

Oct 26, 2013
Obviously, I want to go to a better school and I have more choices in ON than in SK.

My friend who got her PR done in MB (under PNP), she called CIC and ask if it is okay to move out for school.

And they said it was okay... Maybe I will make a phone call to ask myself on Monday.

Thanks for your replies, guys

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hey You are in same situation like me.

I already talked with SINP and they said that there is no such rule that they can stop you.

As long as moving is concern, you signed a form which said that you have intention to live in sask after pr. So you have to prove that.

But, If you have a valid reason for moving, Like, you don't get job in your field in sask or you wanna go back to school and your course is not available in sask then yeah for sure but you need to prove all those things.

As I wanna go back top school for Hospitality management and UOS, UOR don't have such program so I have to chose either AB or ON.

But still it is risky and its up to you But there is no law which can stop you

luis4ever

Star Member
Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
22 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17 April 2013
Med's Done....
23 April 2013
Passport Req..
04-10-2013
As far as I know, you can move from the province once you got your PR... I saw some people that are called by the CIC and asked why did they move, but you can say what ever you want, like you could't find a job or you are going to a school then comming back. there is no specific rule or obligation to live in the pronvince when you were nominated.

Cheers,

Dani3lism

Oct 26, 2013
Thank you very much again for your kind replies:)

I don't want to move out of Sask.

I tried to look for some schools for me but their requirements were too high & the window was too narrow.

But yeah, they do have better school opportunities and programs in ON, BC and etc.

I found many flexible courses & bridging programs in colleges with cheaper tuition.

Good luck to you all:)