AOR Received.
June 28, 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS in process - medical done Aug.2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi there. Does anyone here had an experience of PPD skin testing rather than chest xray? Or is it always chest xray? Thanks

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chanselay said:
Hi there. Does anyone here had an experience of PPD skin testing rather than chest xray? Or is it always chest xray? Thanks
Yes ,chest X Ray is a part of medical exam,they can ask further tests like Mantoux test(PPD skin testing) ,if they see some abnormality.

chanselay

Star Member
Feb 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo moved Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Feb.2012
AOR Received.
June 28, 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
Waiting
Kanamen said:
Yes ,chest X Ray is a part of medical exam,they can ask further tests like Mantoux test(PPD skin testing) ,if they see some abnormality.
Thanks for the reply. My wife is 7 mos. pregnant and she cannot undergo chest xray. I was wondering PPD skin testing should be done instead of chest xray. Do you think medical should be posponed or be delayed? Since, you said chest xray is part of medical exam?

B

BlessedMe

chanselay said:
Thanks for the reply. My wife is 7 mos. pregnant and she cannot undergo chest xray. I was wondering PPD skin testing should be done instead of chest xray. Do you think medical should be posponed or be delayed? Since, you said chest xray is part of medical exam?
even if pregnant, they will let her undergo chest xray (a lead cover will be placed around her belly to protect her tummy from radiation). because PPD is less reliable than xray, so a chest xray is a protocol in ME

chanselay

Star Member
Feb 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo moved Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Feb.2012
AOR Received.
June 28, 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
Waiting
BlessedMe said:
even if pregnant, they will let her undergo chest xray (a lead cover will be placed around her belly to protect her tummy from radiation). because PPD is less reliable than xray, so a chest xray is a protocol in ME
Thanks for the idea.