+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About labour category jobs

bawaiis

Mar 9, 2011
Dear friends,

Couple of my known persons of which one is matric failed (aged 52 years) and the other one is just 8th pass (aged 35 years) have applied for temporary work permit with job as truck driver and cleaning labourer respectively through a local agent in India. However, the agent has not charged anything from them as he would charge his fee only upon visa stamping and person lands in Canada. The agent had told them that he wold give them their respective offer letter obtained from Canadian employers within 3 months. It has already been more than 4 months but he says it's still in process. My concern is:

1. Why does the agent need even 3 months of time if the vacancy for the said positions exists with the Canadian Employer?

2. How much is the chances of getting positive LMO after job offer is obtained and successful visa stamping by CIC to applicants like these two?

3. Is Canadian standard such a low that even a matric failed driver and 8th pass cleaner will be accepted?

4. What is the actual criteria for these kind of jobs?

5. Will CIC conduct personal or telephonic interview of these people? (The agent says since the number of vacancies for both the positions is very high, the CIC 'May not' conduct any kind of interview since it would be time-consuming task).

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bawaiis said:
Dear friends,

Couple of my known persons of which one is matric failed (aged 52 years) and the other one is just 8th pass (aged 35 years) have applied for temporary work permit with job as truck driver and cleaning labourer respectively through a local agent in India. However, the agent has not charged anything from them as he would charge his fee only upon visa stamping and person lands in Canada. The agent had told them that he wold give them their respective offer letter obtained from Canadian employers within 3 months. It has already been more than 4 months but he says it's still in process. My concern is:

1. Why does the agent need even 3 months of time if the vacancy for the said positions exists with the Canadian Employer?

2. How much is the chances of getting positive LMO after job offer is obtained and successful visa stamping by CIC to applicants like these two?

3. Is Canadian standard such a low that even a matric failed driver and 8th pass cleaner will be accepted?

4. What is the actual criteria for these kind of jobs?

5. Will CIC conduct personal or telephonic interview of these people? (The agent says since the number of vacancies for both the positions is very high, the CIC 'May not' conduct any kind of interview since it would be time-consuming task).
1. Possibly. It depends on how long it is taking the employer to get the LMO.
2. Getting the LMO will have nothing to do with the quality of the applicants. It has to do with whether or not hiring ANY foreign national for a job in Canada will have a positive or negative effect on the Canadian labour market.
3. These positions are considered low skilled. High school completion may not be a requirement. Perhaps they have related experience, etc. What I'm saying is that it's not impossible. This is not a statement for or against Canada. You do not require a university education to be a competent cleaner.
4. This link is for the job and skill requirements of a truck driver in Alberta: http://www.labourmarketinformation.ca/standard.aspx?ppid=120&lcode=eng&prov=48&gaid=25262&occ=7411&job=&search_key=1&search_ppid=119&search_type=&employer_potential=&search_criteria=province_id;48;geo_area_id;25262;search_key;1;noc_title;truck%20driver;
This link is for a light duty cleaner: http://www.labourmarketinformation.ca/standard.aspx?ppid=120&lcode=eng&prov=48&gaid=25262&occ=6661&job=&search_key=1&search_ppid=119&search_type=&employer_potential=&search_criteria=province_id;48;geo_area_id;25262;search_key;1;noc_title;light%20duty%20cleaner;
Neither one of them require high school education.
5. Possibly. Only CIC will determine that upon receiving the application. There is no way to predict "for sure" whether or not there will be an interview.

bawaiis

Mar 9, 2011
Thank you rjessome for your point-to-point responses!

You deserve to be lebelled as "Champion Member".

Just one more request - could you please go through my personal post titled as "Feedback on CSIC members" in Provincial Nominee Program section and advise.