+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Internet Business

umairraja52

Mar 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to know the scope of Website based or internet based business in Canada.

In which tools normally use website to develop by people in Canada.

Waiting for answers.

dummydam

Jan 4, 2010
I have the same question. Im selfemplyed for last 2 year now and with god earning as well but my business is based online.
i also have an MBA degree in Finance.... but im not sure will my self emplyed work can count as World experience or not...

ScottK

May 4, 2011
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not an immigration expert so I can't speak to how your experience would qualify, but in general I think internet businesses here are very much like those in the United States and Europe.

Our sites are built with HTML, CSS, Javascript, etc. Content Management systems like Wordpress, Squarespace, Drupal, and Joomla are becoming more and more popular with business owners. In general, our web developers tend to use open source technologies over proprietary systems.

It all depends what you want to do. If you can provide a bit more information, I'll try to give a better answer.

Scott

ScottK

May 4, 2011
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAg, I'm not able to respond directly to private messages so I thought I'd post my answer here. Running a website development business would involve more risk than working as a developer or a designer for an existing company. A substantial portion of the time of the owner of a website development business would be spent in an effort to bring new clients into the company. If you are a developer or a designer working for a company, presumably that would be someone else's responsibility.

I think it comes down to how much risk you are wiling to take. In business, risk and reward are often linked so in this situation the business owner might be able to make more money but there would be a larger chance of failure. Website development is a competitive business in Canada. I'd recommend that anyone considering going into business for themselves so do some market research first.

Scott