+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About inadmissible spouse sponsorship

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Not on gut feelings. The hospitals with NICUs in greater Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto end up having unpaid bills of often hundreds of thousands of dollars and having to write off the costs most of the time and we may be paying to send those with provincial coverage to another city of country. If someone is pregnant with multiples and they are likely to deliver preemies early but the NICU is full with sick babies who are unlikely to be discharged soon they move the mother, sometimes to the US, in preparation for a potential delivery so they know they'll be NICU capacity. Canada does a very poor job at keeping records of FN use of healthcare. It ends up being managed by each hospital.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/birth-tourism-strain-1.5413296
Provincial birth registries, from which the Statistics Canada numbers are drawn, are not "managed by each hospital" nor are they "very poor records." A person's birth certificate lists their place of birth and the details of the parents.

If Statistics Canada is able to draw any inference at all from provincial birth registries about the immigration status of a child's parents, I trust it to be true.

Now, if they're guesstimating, because somehow the provinces do not properly track information, then that's different.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Provincial birth registries, from which the Statistics Canada numbers are drawn, are not "managed by each hospital" nor are they "very poor records." A person's birth certificate lists their place of birth and the details of the parents.

If Statistics Canada is able to draw any inference at all from provincial birth registries about the immigration status of a child's parents, I trust it to be true.

Now, if they're guesstimating, because somehow the provinces do not properly track information, then that's different.
I said FN not babies. Use of our healthcare system by FN is not limited to L&D and NICU

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I said FN not babies. Use of our healthcare system by FN is not limited to L&D and NICU
1. You were posting about babies and NICUs but you say you weren't talking just about babies and NICUs but you didn't mention statistics for anything else other than babies and NICUs. And then you tell me you meant more than babies and NICUs.

2. The FN acronymic reads to me like First Nation. You type what you type but I am going to continue assuming you mean "foreign national"