+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About hitch of Biometric letter for Study Permit

Jan 31, 2021
HELLO..I am from Myanmar. I would like to ask about expiry of my biometric instruction letter which was recently expired on January 06,2021.Before expiry date, I already confirmed with email to Canada embassy about extension of biometric instruction letter and they said that biometric instruction holders do not need extension as long as I go to Biometric collection point once it reopens. Since the mid of September, VFS Global in Myanmar is still closed due to resurgence of second wave COVID-19 even though VFS Global announced to reopen for visa services on Feb 10 before military coup. Unfortunately, my country has been facing intense political issues about military coup since Feb 01 ,2021.So I find a way to give Biometric at VFS Global at Bangkok and email them with the expiry of my biometric instruction letter to reserve appointment. But then, they reply "Unfortunately, your Biometric letter was expired since January 06,2021.Please kindly contact The Embassy directly about your case". I have been waiting since Sept,2020 and what should I do?
Thanks in advance and appreciate for your time.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Wow, that's a very complicated case. Did you try calling them? Or you could download text me and try calling the office in Ottawa.

Jan 31, 2021
Should I tell Canada Embassy about VFS Global 's email reply again? Before I sent my Biometric letter to VFS Global at Thailand, I have already confirmed Canada Embassy about expired Biometric Instruction Letter. Thanks for your reply.