+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About getting PR

Jagjeet

Dec 29, 2011
I am an international student currently living in toronto ...... i just need to ask that is one year work permit is enough if i want to apply for SINP in Saskatchewan i.e, to complete the requirements like 960 hrs and six months or should i go for a two year work permit ...please reply early

AINP App

Star Member
Dec 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 - 03 - 2013
Its always nice to have a work permit with longer duration.

With that being said - you will receive an open work permit after studying (Most desirable). Ask for a longer validity.

PR takes anywhere between 6-12 months and you need to maintain your temp status and open work permit is the best as you are not restricted to one employee.

That being said, I am not sure on what kind of work permit you will receive after PNP-Saskatchewan. In Alberta the process is employer driven so the work permit issued after PNP is a closed work permit.

Hope this helps.

Jagjeet

Dec 29, 2011
so after completing one year course i think i will be given 1 year work permit most probably or is there any process by which i can get work permit more than a year or does it depend on course which we have done ??

AINP App

Star Member
Dec 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 - 03 - 2013
I had a year long course - but in my application I had replied to a question regarding "how long I wanted to stay in Canada?" as 14 months.

How long do you want to stay in Canada?
Ans ) A date that was 2 months more than 12 months = 14 months and they issued me a WP with 14 months validity. (remember it takes them a month to process your WP - so keep that factor in mind and enter a date)

I know a few students that have requested for a longer validity and have been issued the same. So no harm in asking!!

Jagjeet

Dec 29, 2011
Well first of all thanx ....i wanna know that what will happen if i got the nomination letter and but my work permit expires before the confirmation

ethels

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011 (Processing started on 12-12-2011)
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011 (ECAS updated to Med received on 12/12/2011)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2012
LANDED..........
02-2012
Jagjeet said:
Well first of all thanx ....i wanna know that what will happen if i got the nomination letter and but my work permit expires before the confirmation

If you got nominated under employer-driven stream, then the province will provide "support letter" for you to apply for work permit extension which will exempt you for having to obtain LMO.

If you're not nominated under employer-driven stream (in which no arranged employment is required such as Ontario Master Pilot program) then unfortunately you may have to leave Canada and wait for the decision of your PR prior returning.

The best way is to check with the individual province in which you intend to apply to clarify if they will provide a support letter for extending status for that specific nomination stream you intend to apply.

AINP App

Star Member
Dec 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 - 03 - 2013
Jagjeet said:
If your work permit expires before the nomination confirmations you need to leave the country. It is imperative that you maintain your temporary status. You may want to move to Visitor Record. When you apply to provincial governments - there is no provision of implied status.

I know of someone that had moved form Toronto to Sask and worked for 6 months on Past graduate work permit. He then applied for SINP, was nominated and now has applied for PR. He used his nomination letter to apply for work permit and received a closed work permit for two years.