+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Ecas!! To check my status

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Hello people!!!

I just want to ask you about Ecas!!! I sent my package in March to Vegreville they received on March 5th

On March 15th I received an email with AOR. So I have gone to Ecas a few times now and it doesn't find anything.

but after you received AOR isn't something supposed to show up in the system

I would Appreciate if you could explain if am I right or completely lost ???!! ?? and if I am right what should I do since I can't see my updates??

Thank you :)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Try using the sponsor's info and vise versa for the name, uci #, DOB, etc. It could be you're using the applicant info when it should be the sponsor's info (or the other way around.) Ecas can be very fickle and sometimes uninformative, so don't get too worked up about it.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Happywife08 said:
Hello people!!!

I just want to ask you about Ecas!!! I sent my package in March to Vegreville they received on March 5th

On March 15th I received an email with AOR. So I have gone to Ecas a few times now and it doesn't find anything.

I would Appreciate if you could explain if am I right or completely lost ???!! ?? and if I am right what should I do since I can't see my updates??

ECAS is not really reliable it usually took time before your status get updated. If you are checking for the sponsor's ECAS u need to use sponsor's info and provide the UCI# and same in checking the sponsored person's status but this time u will have to provide the file no.

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 2012, tfr to ISL May 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Happywife08 said:
Hello people!!!

Right now, you must have gotten an email with your UCI and file number. So here's how you log in.
You use the UCI and sponsor's name and info.

Later on, when you get approved as a sponsor, at that time, you will use:
The file # and the sponsored person's info to check the status on their file.

If you mix them up, it probably won't let you login. So just make sure you're using in order.

moidyn

Apr 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-05-2013
ECAS is the devil.

In my case, for a while all it said was application received, and then for a period of two days, it could not identify me (which caused a huge heart attack on my part!!). Now we are back to application received, even though I got PPR last week.

Don't trust it, ECAS causes all sorts of stress!

Good luck :D

steph816

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
13-06-2011 VO began processing 06-10-2011
Med's Request
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2011, 27-02-2012
Interview........
23-05-2012
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2012
I agree with everyone above, DONT get caught up checking ecas or you will drive yourself to an insane asylum! It isn't reliable and often takes months before they update anything. (for example, they've already received your medicals, but they don't say it on ecas. Or, it will say decision made, but they haven't even contacted you about it. ---stuff like that. ) I know it's hard not to look, I was on it multiple times a day in the early stages - just look at the predicted processing time, and if you're getting close to the date, then check, and if it's past the date, check it, and then try contacting your MP to see what is up with the file.

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Well thank you everybody!!
I tried the way you said and it didn't work

So I am just gonna leave it. Hope and wait!!!

moidyn said:
ECAS is the devil.

In my case, for a while all it said was application received, and then for a period of two days, it could not identify me (which caused a huge heart attack on my part!!). Now we are back to application received, even though I got PPR last week.

Don't trust it, ECAS causes all sorts of stress!

Good luck :D
Thank you!! I know that feeling I almost got one!! LOL

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
steph816 said:
I agree with everyone above, DONT get caught up checking ecas or you will drive yourself to an insane asylum! It isn't reliable and often takes months before they update anything. (for example, they've already received your medicals, but they don't say it on ecas. Or, it will say decision made, but they haven't even contacted you about it. ---stuff like that. ) I know it's hard not to look, I was on it multiple times a day in the early stages - just look at the predicted processing time, and if you're getting close to the date, then check, and if it's past the date, check it, and then try contacting your MP to see what is up with the file.
Thank you!! I'll just leave it!! And wait until they contact me!! I don't need that stress in my life!!
I am sorry what it is you MP?
and how do I contact them eventually???

Thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Happywife08 said:
Thank you!! I'll just leave it!! And wait until they contact me!! I don't need that stress in my life!!
I am sorry what it is you MP?
and how do I contact them eventually???

Thanks
that's your Member of Parliament, and if your file takes longer than indicated on the website, you (or your husband, whichever is the Canadian) can contact them to have a look at your file - or ask CIC about it. Some MPs are willing to do it, some not, but sometimes it's useful.

you can find yours here http://www.parl.gc.ca/parlinfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?menu=hoc
Good luck,
Sweden

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Sweden said:
that's your Member of Parliament, and if your file takes longer than indicated on the website, you (or your husband, whichever is the Canadian) can contact them to have a look at your file - or ask CIC about it. Some MPs are willing to do it, some not, but sometimes it's useful.

you can find yours here http://www.parl.gc.ca/parlinfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?menu=hoc
Good luck,
Sweden
Thanks Sweden that was really helpful!!!