+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About driver's license

KFraz

Dec 23, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have a few questions regarding driver's license. I have more than 10 years of driving experience, but I am from a country not included in the exchange program in Ontario. Thus, I have to go through the tests.
I have already passed the written exam and gotten my G2 license. Now I want to do the road test to get my full license. But I heard many people saying that the examiners can be quite strict and passing can be very hard.
So I am looking for advice in a few things: is there a location where passing is easier (less strict examiners)? Should I get some lessons before the test? If yes, could anyone recommend a place that's cheap and gives you all the necessary tips? I live in downtown Toronto.
This feels so silly... I have a valid driver's license in my country and have recently driven 1200 miles in the USA. I know how to drive, but now I have to be afraid of failing a driving test because I did 35mph instead of 30mph...
Anyway, any help would be much appreciated!

teemo10

Jan 7, 2017
I think if you passed your written exam, and still haven't had your road test, you've gotten your G1 license. You can then take either the G2 road test (if you pass you get a G2 license), or the G road test (if you pass you get a G license). I'm sure you checked out this link (https://drivetest.ca/tests/road-tests-cars.html), and I also found this one useful (https://www.ontario.ca/document/official-mto-drivers-handbook/level-two-road-test). Also watch a few you tube videos about parallel parking, k-turn, etc.

I'm in your exact same situation at the moment, and I'm trying to decide whether I should book a G2 or G test. The advice people have given me is to try to drive in Canada to get familiar with driving there. More importantly try to get a session at a drive school that you will be tested ($50 CAD), where you ride with one of the actual testers, and they explain what the test is about. You also get a chance to drive around the roads you will be tested, and get familiar with traffic lights, stop signs etc. There are people not associated with drive centers, that offer such a service as well privately.

Hope that helps. :)