Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Nomination.....
Rim Triki
LANDED..........
ON
Hi I came 2018 I ask for refugee status In the airport I was pregnant and now I m refugee claim
I gave birth and they told me that I m not allowed for child tax benefits they gave 230 dollars for Tcb and now they just sent letter that there is new process and they have to cancel 230 dollars and my daughter is born here she is Canadian it is her right to get the money, what can I do? I m paying rent u don't work and I still breastfeeding can I try and apply for child tax benefits or what?

xxffgg

Aug 13, 2019
The following link states that, in order to receive CCB you must meet ALL of the following:

1. You must live with the child, and the child must be under 18 years of age.
  2. You must be the person primarily responsible for the care and upbringing of the child.
  3. You must be a resident of Canada for tax purposes. We consider you to be a resident of Canada when you establish sufficient residential ties in Canada. For more information, see Income Tax Folio S5-F1-C1, Determining an Individual's Residence Status.
  4. You or your spouse or common-law partner must be any of the following:
    • a Canadian citizen
    • a permanent resident (as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act)
    • a protected person (as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act)
    • a temporary resident (as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act) who has lived in Canada throughout the previous 18 months, and who has a valid permit in the 19th month other than one that states "does not confer status" or "does not confer temporary resident status." If this is your situation, do not apply before the 19th month
    • an Indian as defined in the Indian Act

Unfortunately, as a Refugee Claimants you do not meet #4.

Reactions: Buletruck

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hi I came 2018 I ask for refugee status In the airport I was pregnant and now I m refugee claim
I gave birth and they told me that I m not allowed for child tax benefits they gave 230 dollars for Tcb and now they just sent letter that there is new process and they have to cancel 230 dollars and my daughter is born here she is Canadian it is her right to get the money, what can I do? I m paying rent u don't work and I still breastfeeding can I try and apply for child tax benefits or what?
Unfortunately, you are not eligible for the CTB as you have not been granted protected person status at this time.

The CTB is also not a “right” of Canadian children. If it were, then all Canadian children no matter where they live would be provided this benefit.