+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about changing "where do you intended to live in canada" in IMM008 Section 20

raqib_00

Feb 19, 2009
I have applied for skilled worker migration and I've got the second letter asking for submitting the required documents.
At the first time,IMM 008 section 20 in the box "Where do you intend to live" I put "Lethbridge -Alberta". Now I have to fill the same form again, but I want to change the place I intend to live to "mississauga-ontario". Will it make any problem in my immigration process? is it related with first time landing or something?please some one explain in details.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
if i land in say toronto, do i have to give a toronto/on address, can i give BC address? can i give quebec address?

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Re: about changing "where do you intended to live in canada" in IMM008 Section 2

during landing you will be asked if you still intend to live in the province you filled, then you have the option of changing it and giving a new address as long as you are not a quebec applicant

raqib_00

Feb 19, 2009
dear qbanky,
please describe in details. If I now fill the form with lethbridge as before, do i still have the option to live in toronto after landing in toronto instead of lethbridge? What are the formalities for PR after landing ? Do i need to perform those formalities in lethbridge or can do in toronto?please reply asap.thanks in advance

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My 2 cents worth:

My understanding of this is: as a FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER YOU CAN LAND ANYWHERE OTHER THAN QUEBEC to fulfill you Landing Formalities and carryout the so-called RRP visa Activation process. I also understand from what I have read on different sites that after all this is done and you have all the required docs i.e SIN, Permanent residency card etc, you can move to anywhere including Quebec, if you so desire. Logically, I mean what if i get a job in Alberta and I had written in my Application that I intend to stay and live in Toronto? Of course, the place I get a Job is going to be where I will move to, and I don't think there is any immigration Law against that.(FEDERAL).

Disclaimer:
These R my personal Views. I am not Immigration Expert Nor a Legal advisor.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BobbyB is right, it doesn't matter at all where you say you are going to live for skilled worker as long as it's not in Quebec because they have their own skilled worker program. Land where you want to (except in Quebec), then stay there or move to wherever you want, including Quebec. Nobody will stop you.

nasar_peace

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Dear Helpful Friends,

I'm Federal Immigrant and landing on 17th of September, 2018, at Toronto airport. My intended province is Ontario but now I want to go to Edmonton, Alberta. On my COPR my intended province is ON but actually I've tickets for Alberta, after 2 days of landing at Toronto. Could you please guide me how to make it smooth? I mean can I request the immigration officer to change my intended province. I've left only one day so kindly help me.
Kind regards,
Nasar

SoniaJav

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Dear Helpful Friends,

I'm Federal Immigrant and landing on 17th of September, 2018, at Toronto airport. My intended province is Ontario but now I want to go to Edmonton, Alberta. On my COPR my intended province is ON but actually I've tickets for Alberta, after 2 days of landing at Toronto. Could you please guide me how to make it smooth? I mean can I request the immigration officer to change my intended province. I've left only one day so kindly help me.
Kind regards,
Nasar
You can land anywhere you like....except Quebec. Whatever is mentioned on copr does not matter.