+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About cancel my withdrawal of refugee claim

nirjhoroliver

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
Hi everyone, I've waiting for hearing since December 2021. After longtime I got hearing date at 28th February2023,
I had minister intervention (by documents).
Which I explained well I think and submitted to my lawyer 6 months before but my lawyer submitted just previous day of my hearing. His explanation was : He tried to send fax to the Minister more than 5times but failed ( maybe because it was 138 pages huge file). There is no email ID or physical address except a phone number .
* My hearing panel member (The Judge) announced that today this hearing cannot be proceed because of not getting comment from the intervene Minister.
* It's tragedy. After a lot of question regarding few documents she adjourned the hearing after 2 hours.
* She and my lawyer set the next date of hearing is 27th June 2023.
* It's also so so frustrating. I'm going through very very hard time for some stupid things. The Minister intervene was simply baseless and just quoted from a nonfamous local paper (from the country I was worked for back 2020), And then the failure to send the documents. And finally.......
* Anyway I was so frustrated, broken and disappointed that I applied for withdrawal my claim to IRB.
* Now they are asking to sent a copy to the Minister by fax (they also don't have any e-mail of him). We sent fax with no reply.
* My son is so sick (Suffering PTSD) but my issues are still remain as before. I was too frustrated that I didn't discussed with my any family member.
* After knowing they are afraid of my home back consequences. They said it's "Suicidal".
* Today I got call from IRB that my withdrawal needed to send through my lawyer and with CC the minister ( A minister without an e-mail id)

* Is that means if I don't do that my application will be rejected? If I don't proceed by the instructed way my application will be rejected, or I need to do anything further?
* Do I need to cancel my "withdrawal of my refugee claim" saperately?
* I decided to wait till my next hearing because nothing is happening with me either by withdrawing.
* My mental health became severe.
* Maybe no one will understand my inhuman situation, My son, wife everyone is in very bad situation and cannot do anything even a proper answer.
* This uncertainty killing me every moment of my life.
* Sorry to make you sad and these huge writing, but in my age I never been in this situation and don't know how to cope it.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion. And if you feel a little bit of my pain.

BTW: Trust me, my claim is genuine, but you know sometimes it's can weaker then a fabricated one.

You are all wise.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone, I've waiting for hearing since December 2021. After longtime I got hearing date at 28th February2023,
I had minister intervention (by documents).
Which I explained well I think and submitted to my lawyer 6 months before but my lawyer submitted just previous day of my hearing. His explanation was : He tried to send fax to the Minister more than 5times but failed ( maybe because it was 138 pages huge file). There is no email ID or physical address except a phone number .
* My hearing panel member (The Judge) announced that today this hearing cannot be proceed because of not getting comment from the intervene Minister.
* It's tragedy. After a lot of question regarding few documents she adjourned the hearing after 2 hours.
* She and my lawyer set the next date of hearing is 27th June 2023.
* It's also so so frustrating. I'm going through very very hard time for some stupid things. The Minister intervene was simply baseless and just quoted from a nonfamous local paper (from the country I was worked for back 2020), And then the failure to send the documents. And finally.......
* Anyway I was so frustrated, broken and disappointed that I applied for withdrawal my claim to IRB.
* Now they are asking to sent a copy to the Minister by fax (they also don't have any e-mail of him). We sent fax with no reply.
* My son is so sick (Suffering PTSD) but my issues are still remain as before. I was too frustrated that I didn't discussed with my any family member.
* After knowing they are afraid of my home back consequences. They said it's "Suicidal".
* Today I got call from IRB that my withdrawal needed to send through my lawyer and with CC the minister ( A minister without an e-mail id)

* Is that means if I don't do that my application will be rejected? If I don't proceed by the instructed way my application will be rejected, or I need to do anything further?
* Do I need to cancel my "withdrawal of my refugee claim" saperately?
* I decided to wait till my next hearing because nothing is happening with me either by withdrawing.
* My mental health became severe.
* Maybe no one will understand my inhuman situation, My son, wife everyone is in very bad situation and cannot do anything even a proper answer.
* This uncertainty killing me every moment of my life.
* Sorry to make you sad and these huge writing, but in my age I never been in this situation and don't know how to cope it.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion. And if you feel a little bit of my pain.

BTW: Trust me, my claim is genuine, but you know sometimes it's can weaker then a fabricated one.

You are all wise.
Sorry for what you are going through, but it is important not to make decision when you are either too emotional or frustrated when it involves other family members. Since there is Minister Intervention, and you sent notification to withdraw, its like you retreat and surrender. However, your application has not been processed yet, if you wish to continue send another notification to cancel that and briefly explain why. Either way, you need to prepare for the next one, work hard with your lawyer and dont let emotion overcrowd your judgement. Wish all the best.

Aliya_izat

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
Sorry for what you are going through, but it is important not to make decision when you are either too emotional or frustrated when it involves other family members. Since there is Minister Intervention, and you sent notification to withdraw, its like you retreat and surrender. However, your application has not been processed yet, if you wish to continue send another notification to cancel that and briefly explain why. Either way, you need to prepare for the next one, work hard with your lawyer and dont let emotion overcrowd your judgement. Wish all the best.
Do you think minister intervention can impact whole refugee hearing? I received the intervention document from minister before my hearing scheduled on May 05, 2024 and i am more stressed out. Please someone guide me because minister is questioning about previous rejection of visitor visas that I applied before refugee case. Per intervention document the minister will not participate in hearing but only judge. However, the minister has already given his intervention.