+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About bar codes to be signed or not

Jalbindu

Apr 13, 2020
Follow the last page of the checklist as it is meant to double check that you didn't miss any of the required signatures.

Ya..Thanq so much

Jalbindu

Apr 13, 2020
I don't have my Family name in my passport in have only Given name. I m bit confused as how to fill my Name box... because in the instruction to fill a particular form, its is instructed to use Given name as Family name and keep the Given name box blank. In some forms they instruct to fill the name as per Family name and Given name as shown in passport. But when i check the cic.gc.ca instruction under"STEP 5 OF COMMON MISTAKE" there they say if u don't have Family name use the Given name as Family name and write "Not applicable" in Given name box. Plz help me

Jalbindu

Apr 13, 2020
My husband is sponsoring me from Canada, as i have completed the whole file from India myself. I will courier him the file for his ink signature on forms where ever required, and he will add his all documents there with fee slip. MY question is who among us will fill the form "IMM 5475 for Authority to release personal information" we are not hiring any paid or unpaid representative. Or both of us should fill IMM 5475.

maxayma

May 11, 2020
My husband is sponsoring me from Canada, as i have completed the whole file from India myself. I will courier him the file for his ink signature on forms where ever required, and he will add his all documents there with fee slip. MY question is who among us will fill the form "IMM 5475 for Authority to release personal information" we are not hiring any paid or unpaid representative. Or both of us should fill IMM 5475.
Since you won't hire any representative no need for the mentioned form. This form is used to give an authorization to someone else to get updates and info about the status of the application other than the applicant.

Jalbindu

Apr 13, 2020
Since you won't hire any representative no need for the mentioned form. This form is used to give an authorization to someone else to get updates and info about the status of the application other than the applicant.
Thnks for the Timely reply, its very helpful for me

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I don't have my Family name in my passport in have only Given name. I m bit confused as how to fill my Name box... because in the instruction to fill a particular form, its is instructed to use Given name as Family name and keep the Given name box blank. In some forms they instruct to fill the name as per Family name and Given name as shown in passport. But when i check the cic.gc.ca instruction under"STEP 5 OF COMMON MISTAKE" there they say if u don't have Family name use the Given name as Family name and write "Not applicable" in Given name box. Plz help me
I would say that the best is to have the same consistent usage throughout your documentation, i.e. use your single name as family name. If you feel strongly that one of the forms is giving you different instructions (in some forms as per passport), stick to the same usage as elsewhere and include a short note that you have put given name as family name so as to be consistent throughout the documentation.

This has come up here before, you can search the threads and see what others have done (and whether they had any problems).

Reactions: Jalbindu

Jalbindu

Apr 13, 2020
I would say that the best is to have the same consistent usage throughout your documentation, i.e. use your single name as family name. If you feel strongly that one of the forms is giving you different instructions (in some forms as per passport), stick to the same usage as elsewhere and include a short note that you have put given name as family name so as to be consistent throughout the documentation.

This has come up here before, you can search the threads and see what others have done (and whether they had any problems).
Thanq

Jalbindu

Apr 13, 2020
when we sign the form, should the signing date of the Principal applicant and Sponsor be the same. As if i m signing it today i will fill date of today. But my husband will receive the forms after 10 days in Canada through courier the he will put the date of the day when he will sign the forms. can the date of signatures be different?

maxayma

May 11, 2020
when we sign the form, should the signing date of the Principal applicant and Sponsor be the same. As if i m signing it today i will fill date of today. But my husband will receive the forms after 10 days in Canada through courier the he will put the date of the day when he will sign the forms. can the date of signatures be different?
Totally normal to have different signature dates exactly for the same reason you have mentioned.

Reactions: Jalbindu

Jalbindu

Apr 13, 2020
Totally normal to have different signature dates exactly for the same reason you have mentioned.

Then he can put the date with Ink, because he will not be able the put a computerized date on printed out forms, m i right.

Otherwise also can we answer anything with pen on computerized filled IMM forms, as i cant type N/A in few boxes. Can i handwrite it

Last edited: