+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A44 report - misrepresentation - case dismissed by court (IRB)

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Need advise from SENIORS on this forum
In 2011 shortly after I landed, I had an A44 report written against me. I went to court (IRB) as required and judge dismissed the case in 2013. The allegations were was so false or wrong that I did not even need a lawyer to get the case tossed. I just said the truth and prevailed. The officer who made the allegations was known to be zealous, biased and very rude. Her name came up on Internet search with similar cases. Any way, that case is now closed.
Now I'm about to apply for citizenship; do you think I should attach the court decision to my application and provide some details in the explanatory letter accompanying my citizenship application?

Thanks for your advice

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think this is one of the few situations where attaching a few additional documents makes sense. There's no guarantee that it will help or that you will avoid an RQ, but maybe...

The key is to be honest and to the point in your cover letter.

Something like:
"To whom it may concern;
In addition to the required documents for citizenship, please see the attached IRB decision showing that I was cleared of any wrongdoing or misrepresentation in response to the A44 report dated XX Xxxxx, XXXX. I have attached the decision in hopes that the disproven charges will not delay my citizenship application.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact me at the phone number, email or physical address listed in my application.

Sincerely,
Arambi"

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
eileenf said:
I think this is one of the few situations where attaching a few additional documents makes sense. There's no guarantee that it will help or that you will avoid an RQ, but maybe...

Something like:
"To whom it may concern;
In addition to the required documents for citizenship, please see the attached IRB decision showing that I was cleared of any wrongdoing or misrepresentation in response to the A44 report dated XX Xxxxx, XXXX. I have attached the decision in hopes that the disproven charges will not delay my citizenship application.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact me at the phone number, email or physical address listed in my application.

Sincerely,
Arambi"

Thanks very much for your advise

janoo

May 16, 2014
I suggest that you include all the report as well send them

passport copy .
T4/T5.
bank statement/health card record CBSA report.. ( you may get by on line order )
lease or ownership paper etc.. vehicle lease or own , car insurance policy..

all this will help you speedy completion of your application.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's no evidence that sending extra documents will speed things up. It actually slows things down when thousands of people send unnecessary and unrequested documents.

The poster has a specific issue regarding the IRB case. When diverging from following the instructions, it's important to very very selective, very concise, very honest, and address whatever specific issue.

Don't convince yourself that you need to do a document dump just to apply for citizenship. Don't subject yourself to providing all the RQ documents unless you actually get an RQ. Don't borrow tomorrow's problems for today.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
eileenf said:
There's no evidence that sending extra documents will speed things up. It actually slows things down when thousands of people send unnecessary and unrequested documents.

The poster has a specific issue regarding the IRB case. When diverging from following the instructions, it's important to very very selective, very concise, very honest, and address whatever specific issue.

Don't convince yourself that you need to do a document dump just to apply for citizenship. Don't subject yourself to providing all the RQ documents unless you actually get an RQ. Don't borrow tomorrow's problems for today.
i second that!

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:

I disagree it is always better to provide more documents. This will save you from receiving RQ

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
eileenf said:

Something like:
"To whom it may concern;

Sincerely,
Arambi"
Eileenf , +1 to you. Excellent wording - clear and crisp.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Woodex said:
I disagree it is always better to provide more documents. This will save you from receiving RQ
I think you are not aware of reviews by other people in this forum. People who sent extra documents did not add any benefit however some people stated that they sent extra paperwork and still got RQ.
Citizenship officers check application first and then paperwork is secondary proof. The citizenship officers are highly trained officials and they have lot of experience and rwhey can just issue RQ if they are suspicious regardless of extra paperwork you send.

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I think you are not aware of reviews by other people in this forum. People who sent extra documents did not add any benefit however some people stated that they sent extra paperwork and still got RQ.
Citizenship officers check application first and then paperwork is secondary proof. The citizenship officers are highly trained officials and they have lot of experience and rwhey can just issue RQ if they are suspicious regardless of extra paperwork you send.
I sent extra documentation and got my citizenship in 7 months.

It's all case by case basis. Don't submit too much but submit concrete evidence that helps if you think you would have issues. Pay stubs, employment letter, mortgage/rent docs, all prove residence in Canada.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
coolifrs said:

It's all case by case basis. Don't submit too much but submit concrete evidence that helps if you think you would have issues. Pay stubs, employment letter, mortgage/rent docs, all prove residence in Canada.
It was required to send work evidence in previous versions of citizenship application and that's the reason why you had to submit it. Right now, current application does not require any work records to submit.

People should send relevant quality information rather than big bunch

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I suppo to get RQ but extra documents related to my application favour me. I Believe individual case is different so extra doc might be needed

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
coolifrs said:

I didn't send in any extra documentation and also got citizenship in 7 months.

As you say, it is all case-by-case basis.

Where having extra documentation helped me was at the interview. When the interviewer asked me some questions and I gave an answer, I was also able to back it up with a document in some cases. I think that helped.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
If anyone has gone through the IRB (immigration court) before for any reason and has later applied for citizenship, please share your experience