+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Year since AOR and 6 months since BC ?

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hello everyone.

Its has been a year since i received my AOR and 7 months since my Background check status changed to 'In progress'. i've read most of the posts in that category saying it doesn't usually take that long. My application and history are pretty straightforward and clean. Should i be worried ?

Any helpful reply is much appreciated.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Since you have crossed the 6 month mark, you can raise a CSE asking for an update on your application

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
xpressentry said:
Since you have crossed the 6 month mark, you can raise a CSE asking for an update on your application
I did but their reply was vague, saying "processing times may vary". Any idea whats going on ?

mikhan

Dec 20, 2016
Hello everyone.

Its has been a year since i received my AOR and 7 months since my Background check status changed to 'In progress'. i've read most of the posts in that category saying it doesn't usually take that long. My application and history are pretty straightforward and clean. Should i be worried ?

Any helpful reply is much appreciated.
Hello,
Any luck with your application?
My brother has been waiting since January 2016. His file went into Security Screening June 2016 and still waiting. It's been over 2 years.

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hello,
Any luck with your application?
My brother has been waiting since January 2016. His file went into Security Screening June 2016 and still waiting. It's been over 2 years.
Hi there, Sorry for such a late reply, i've been busy.
Yes, my application was recently approved, after 2 years. All i can say is wait because there is nothing else you can do. You can request GCMS notes but that won't make a difference in the processing of your application (From what i've read). That's what i did, just waited with my Notes. You'll go through many emotions during the long wait, especially seeing 4-5 month old applications get approved while your's is stuck in limbo. I had a CRS score of 480 while people with scores in their mid 300s were already moving to Canada. So you can imagine the feeling that i was going through. Its disheartening. Nonetheless, when that golden email hits your inbox, all those feelings go out the window and what replaces them is pure joy and gratitude. So, just wait. Order the notes so you have something to put your mind at ease while you wait.
I hope i cleared a tiny bit of blur that's surrounding the whole situation. Let me know if i can answer any other questions. i'll try and answer them to the best of my knowledge.
Hang in there.

P.S- If you want to order GCMS but you dont have anyone in Canada, try getgcms.com. I used their service for mine. They are very professional and helpful. They even went through the trouble of calling me when there was an issue with the request. I highly recommend them.

Last edited:
Reactions: kuskus