+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A typo error in my father's name that is submitted for the visa

Goodjuju94

Nov 2, 2019
Hi
i submitted my student visa application yesterday, the application was successfully confirmed. later on when i logged in to cic to check the status of the application i got to know there is a spelling mistake in my father's name. i fear that my study permit may come with the same name. will it affect my visa approval? how do i correct the typo error? will it affect my overall timeline too?

please let me know.

iamarjunchandra

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Category........
Hi
i submitted my visa application yesterday, the application was successfully confirmed. later on when i logged in to check the status of the application i got to know there is a spelling mistake in my father's name. i fear that my study permit may come with the same name. will it affect my visa approval? how do i correct the typo error? will it affect my overall timeline too?

please let me know.
You can use CIC's web form to send correction to your application.

Goodjuju94

Nov 2, 2019
Thank you so much
can you also help me with the information that will the name be corrected in my study permit? will it affect the over all process time?
And to be more sure on the correction will the biometrics center help me getting this corrected in the first place before it goes to VO?

Goodjuju94

Nov 2, 2019
i have not done my biometrics yet i got my biometric instruction letter on the CIC account it mentions the incorrect name as mentioned earlier.
can i drop a email to the biometric center and get the corrected letter from there. by doing this at least i am sure that it will be corrected further. is this possible?

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
i have not done my biometrics yet i got my biometric instruction letter on the CIC account it mentions the incorrect name as mentioned earlier.
can i drop a email to the biometric center and get the corrected letter from there. by doing this at least i am sure that it will be corrected further. is this possible?
Hi please share your experience how u got it corrected i am in almost similar situation looking for some help