+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Student applying for express entry - What category do I belong to?

miteshrshah

Nov 7, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm a student here at canada, I studied a diploma of 1 year and now I'm applying for my open work permit for the stayback period. In the meanwhile, I want to create my application for Permanent Resident. My confusion is with regards to what category do I belong to?
1. Express Entry - the category through which people from India create their application (i.e. non-students)
2. Canadian Experience Class - I do not have full-time work experience at Canada so as per my understanding I can't create a profile under this category.

Kindly suggest the first step for creating a profile for PR process.

Thank you in advance.

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I'm a student here at canada, I studied a diploma of 1 year and now I'm applying for my open work permit for the stayback period. In the meanwhile, I want to create my application for Permanent Resident. My confusion is with regards to what category do I belong to?
1. Express Entry - the category through which people from India create their application (i.e. non-students)
2. Canadian Experience Class - I do not have full-time work experience at Canada so as per my understanding I can't create a profile under this category.

Kindly suggest the first step for creating a profile for PR process.

Thank you in advance.
You need at least one year experience to qualify for express entry