+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A strange situation: Open Work Permit for my spouse before any decission about my Study Permit

Jun 24, 2021
Hi all,

We have a strange situation because my wife got approval for an OPEN WORK PERMIT while the primary applicant's (my study permit) application is still in progress. Has anyone faced something like this? Can anyone give us some orientation related to that?

Thank you so much!

Reactions: RumezaJ

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Hi all,

We have a strange situation because my wife got approval for an OPEN WORK PERMIT while the primary applicant's (my study permit) application is still in progress. Has anyone faced something like this? Can anyone give us some orientation related to that?

Thank you so much!
There are a few more people om this forum with the exact same fortunate situation as yours.

Please try and search, you might get it.

As per common public knowledge and common sense you MUST have been accepted (because SOWP solely depends on your approval first and one RCIC consultant confirmed that to me so this is not just anecdotal).

Be rest assured you are approved too and wait out on the good news. 99% chances that the VO isn’t playing games phewww.

Jun 24, 2021
Thanks ayesha, do you know someone or maybe you can tell me how long it takes to get the study permit after the spouse get de open work permit?

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Thanks ayesha, do you know someone or maybe you can tell me how long it takes to get the study permit after the spouse get de open work permit?
Someone received it in 3 weeks or so. Same case as yours. It’s on some thread here, just type SOWP before Study permit.

thrigaya

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
We are sailing in the same boat…Sowp got approved 5 weeks ago but still no movement on my study permit…raised webforms and called but got a standard response….I guess all we can do is wait now…Good luck and keep me posted if you get your PPR.

thrigaya

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
I had called IRCC and what the agent told me was that study Permits and work permits are processed at different offices and that’s probably why the Sowp got approved before SP…And mostly everything on my application has been approved but its in queue for an officer to review and send out the final decision…so that’s some good news…but we don’t know how long it ll stay in queue Cz it’s almost been 8weeks for me since I got BVL …

Reactions: RumezaJ

itspayel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
I had called IRCC and what the agent told me was that study Permits and work permits are processed at different offices and that’s probably why the Sowp got approved before SP…And mostly everything on my application has been approved but its in queue for an officer to review and send out the final decision…so that’s some good news…but we don’t know how long it ll stay in queue Cz it’s almost been 8weeks for me since I got BVL …
Can you please post your timeline here and also from which country have you applied