+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A single employer but in different locations

chackovarghese

May 10, 2014
I worked under a single employer but in different locations for franchisee companies for about 3.5 years as accounts assistant.

What is the requirement as per CIC? Is it ok to show the entire period as below:

ABC company - 2003 Jan To 2006 May

The reason is that in some of the locations I spent only a few weeks and I even forgot the exact date or month I was transferred to some locations.

Please advise.

chackovarghese

May 10, 2014
chackovarghese said:
I worked under a single employer but in different locations for franchisee companies for about 3.5 years as accounts assistant.

What is the requirement as per CIC? Is it ok to show the entire period as below:

ABC company - 2003 Jan To 2006 May

The reason is that in some of the locations I spent only a few weeks and I even forgot the exact date or month I was transferred to some locations.

Please advise.
Any comments?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Depends on who is writing your experience letters and what duties your performed. Even if you were in the same company, you would have to write different positions you held separately since the job descriptions would be different. Only if you had the same position and the same duties throughout all locations then you don't need to separate those.

chackovarghese

May 10, 2014
namaste said:
Depends on who is writing your experience letters and what duties your performed. Even if you were in the same company, you would have to write different positions you held separately since the job descriptions would be different. Only if you had the same position and the same duties throughout all locations then you don't need to separate those.
My question relates to background declaration form. All the years my position and job responsibilities were same. Though the employer was one and I worked in different districts/states. In some locations I spent only a few weeks, in some others months.

In this case do I need to show my living history separately. In addition to that, this employment falls under my 10 years of work experience and this employer did not give me any reference letter in spite of several requests. This period being the first 3.5 years will not be counted for my points.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
chackovarghese said:
My question relates to background declaration form. All the years my position and job responsibilities were same. Though the employer was one and I worked in different districts/states. In some locations I spent only a few weeks, in some others months.

In this case do I need to show my living history separately. In addition to that, this employment falls under my 10 years of work experience and this employer did not give me any reference letter in spite of several requests. This period being the first 3.5 years will not be counted for my points.
YOur question is not clear. I thought you were talking about your employment history. Are you talking about your personal history where you are asked to write down all the addresses you maintained? If so, then you don't need to include short trips you took for business purpose. Only places where you maintained your primary residence need to be written. For example, if you stayed in Place A, went to place B for two weeks and then came back to place A to continue living there then you only write place A for the whole period. If the travels are international, then you would mention them in your travel history otherwise no need.

chackovarghese

May 10, 2014
namaste said:
YOur question is not clear. I thought you were talking about your employment history. Are you talking about your personal history where you are asked to write down all the addresses you maintained? If so, then you don't need to include short trips you took for business purpose. Only places where you maintained your primary residence need to be written. For example, if you stayed in Place A, went to place B for two weeks and then came back to place A to continue living there then you only write place A for the whole period. If the travels are international, then you would mention them in your travel history otherwise no need.
I am talking about form IMM5669 schedule A Background Declaration point 12.

I worked in a company (A 3.5 years) that supplied manpower to various companies (B, C, D). Company A paid me salary.

B, C, D are various locations where I moved from time to time according to the instruction of my parent company A. My job position and duties in all these locations are same.

In company B I spent a few weeks, C some months & D almost one year. I do not remember the exact date or duration I spent in each such company.

In form IMM5669 schedule A Background Declaration point 12, should I mention these periods or do I just need to write only record of my parent company A

chackovarghese

May 10, 2014
chackovarghese said:
I am talking about form IMM5669 schedule A Background Declaration point 12.

I worked in a company (A 3.5 years) that supplied manpower to various companies (B, C, D). Company A paid me salary.

B, C, D are various locations where I moved from time to time according to the instruction of my parent company A. My job position and duties in all these locations are same.

In company B I spent a few weeks, C some months & D almost one year. I do not remember the exact date or duration I spent in each such company.

In form IMM5669 schedule A Background Declaration point 12, should I mention these periods or do I just need to write only record of my parent company A
Seniors please reply.