pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
I came across this story today and would like to share....

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/cbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=24126926

what is very intresting to me as well is that some files are reviewed by an outside company.....

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
That is sad, and I'm glad it made it to the press.. I actually wondered myself if they really look through everything that is sent in or if they make a snap judgement based on the basic information.. guess I have my answer. I guess there are good and bad IOs, just like any other kind of job, but when they leave it to one person to literally change someone's life, well, it doesn't always work out well. Maybe it would be better if they had a panel of two or three IOs for each case, or that each case would be looked over by a supervisor or something, but I'm sure that would slow down the already slow process. Hopefully she will be allowed to visit soon.

Rocky636

Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th May 2010
Doc's Request.
23-August-2010 Asked RPRF & Pics return back
AOR Received.
23-June-10
File Transfer...
18-June-2010
Med's Done....
24-March-2010
Interview........
11-August-2010
Passport Req..
8-July-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-December-2010
LANDED..........
21-January-2011
This really so sad, how CIC can be so mean like this? i heard that Canada is top country about human rights but after read this its feel like
there is nothing and CIC don't care about this all. :(

rob_187

Apr 30, 2010
I don't know why they would reject her either, even the first time, it was her mothers funeral and everyone has the right to be there for that. I don't know, this is the side of canada no one wants to see. I hope the people in charge of this case get fired.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
My hubby is in Toronto and knows of plenty of people who have flouted the system by either working/living illegally for years or doing the 'mail order bride' thing, and yet when real couples want to be together or a poor woman just wants to visit and pay respects to her mother, this stuff happens... I guess no system is perfect, but it seems a little much sometimes.

rob_187

Apr 30, 2010
its sad how some people can ruin it for everyone else. I live near toronto also, being a big city i can only imagine that the amount of illegal immigrants is quite high.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
It is my fervent wish that each of these individuals experiences a similar situation of rejection in their lifetime.

This is shameful. I agree that this is a side of Canada that no one wants to see, but more people need to open their eyes to it in order for it to change.

ciacia

May 8, 2010
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(sigh) I have the same sentiments...just got refused because I can't satisfied the officer that I will be back in 3 weeks time...I just want to be with my sick BF and take good care of him.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ciacia said:
(sigh) I have the same sentiments...just got refused because I can't satisfied the officer that I will be back in 3 weeks time...I just want to be with my sick BF and take good care of him.
sorry but which contry is ur bf living in. or are you outside canada

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Rocky636 said:
This really so sad, how CIC can be so mean like this? i heard that Canada is top country about human rights but after read this its feel like
there is nothing and CIC don't care about this all. :(
It is a sad story indeed. It is not the first and will not be the last. Recently I posted angrily to protest the refusal of student visa to my cousin. He was accepted for a Master (MSc) in Dalhousie University. Fees were paid, proof of income and sponsorship were shown and yet he was refused. The IO could not find a reason but to say this in his refusal letter ""you could not satisfy me that you will return back once you completed your study". Sighhhhhhh,....I wrote to the Embassy to say "even in the circumstances he decides to stay in Canada this is because Canada would need him more than he needs Canada. He will be a young man (24 y) , energetic, enthusiastic, well educated etc etc.". Right now Dalhousie University are taking the matter with immigration authority. This is because they lost a potential student. I am a British myself and I directed my cousin to apply for the same degree in Newcastle University UK. He was accepted immediately, given visa with every respect (no interrogation). He has just started the induction course there.
Canada is still a good country...that is why we immigrate here. With regard to Human Rights issue, I would say "this is in theory..."
I am hesitant to start a new thread with the title " tell your story about unfair immigration decisions, system faults and pitfalls, system abuse by those who know how to abuse and how to go through....?" ...
what do you suggest

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Example:

My husband application has been in hold for so long for only one outstanding request; which is a police clearance. The poor man had been in Iraq for only 7 months, 20 years ago when he was just 18 y old. He was dependent on his parents who were there in management of an oil company. We are waiting and waiting....we are also paying tax for the huge legal costs of the fake refugees, ..sighhhh