+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A requested letter concerned about my work permit

Tonykahlid

Dec 14, 2018
I've applied my PGWP in May 2020, and I just received a requested letter which tells me to restore my status. However, my study permit was expired in November( more than 90 days) , so I couldn't restore my status. I applied my work permit while my study permit was still effective, so I can legally stay in Canada because of implied status, but I didn't know if I can restore my status based on that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I've applied my PGWP in May 2020, and I just received a requested letter which tells me to restore my status. However, my study permit was expired in November( more than 90 days) , so I couldn't restore my status. I applied my work permit while my study permit was still effective, so I can legally stay in Canada because of implied status, but I didn't know if I can restore my status based on that.
When did you stop studying? If you applied for PGWP while you study permit was still valid there should have been no problem. The time to restore your status has been extended. Do youu mean your study permit expired in November 2019?

Tonykahlid

Dec 14, 2018
When did you stop studying? If you applied for PGWP while you study permit was still valid there should have been no problem. The time to restore your status has been extended. Do youu mean your study permit expired in November 2019?
I finished my program in February 2020, and I applied my work permit in May. I guess that's why I need to restore my status. So if I restore my status now, will I get rejected?