Waived
Passport Req..
28-11-2013, Sent passport on 29-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013, Received passport on 17-12-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Hi all,

I got a unique situation in here for a close relative. And I would appreciate any advise/information to help.

To make it short, she failed the Citizenship test twice. Both times she got 14 out of 20 (missing one mark for passing). I know what you are thinking too close, and how is it possible to fail it twice, but thats not what I am here for.

According to the process, she got a letter to appear for an interview with an Immigration officer.

Here is what the letter said:

You are receiving this notice because a citizenship office requires more information to make a decision about your citiznship application. You are being asked an interview with a citizenship officer to determine whether you meet all the requirements for citizenship.

You will be asked questions:

- to determine if you have an adequate knowledge of English or French;

- to determine if you have an adequate knowledge of Canada (if you have not passed the citizenship test), in one of the official languages of Canada. We encourage you to review the study guide "Discover Canada";

- about your physical presence in Canada;

- to ensure that you are free from any prohibitions.

Based on the information collected at this interview, the citizenship officer may request further information; refer your application to another decision-maker, including a citizenship judge, if necessary; or make a final decision.

As above, thats basically what the letter stated.

Has anyone been thru something like this? Was the letter the same format? How did the interview go? Was the decision made right away?

The interview is this Friday, thus your prompted response is appreciated.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Nzerebe

Jan 9, 2020
Hello,
I just want to ask how long it took for you to get this letter after the failed test?
What type of question did you get at the interview?

TaylorS18

Feb 18, 2022
Hi all,

I got a unique situation in here for a close relative. And I would appreciate any advise/information to help.

To make it short, she failed the Citizenship test twice. Both times she got 14 out of 20 (missing one mark for passing). I know what you are thinking too close, and how is it possible to fail it twice, but thats not what I am here for.

According to the process, she got a letter to appear for an interview with an Immigration officer.

Here is what the letter said:

You are receiving this notice because a citizenship office requires more information to make a decision about your citiznship application. You are being asked an interview with a citizenship officer to determine whether you meet all the requirements for citizenship.

You will be asked questions:

- to determine if you have an adequate knowledge of English or French;

- to determine if you have an adequate knowledge of Canada (if you have not passed the citizenship test), in one of the official languages of Canada. We encourage you to review the study guide "Discover Canada";

- about your physical presence in Canada;

- to ensure that you are free from any prohibitions.

Based on the information collected at this interview, the citizenship officer may request further information; refer your application to another decision-maker, including a citizenship judge, if necessary; or make a final decision.

As above, thats basically what the letter stated.

Has anyone been thru something like this? Was the letter the same format? How did the interview go? Was the decision made right away?

The interview is this Friday, thus your prompted response is appreciated.

Thanks in advanced for your help.
How long did it take for them to send the letter of request? My dad failed his exam twice also. He took the retest in Feb 2020 and we still haven’t received anything since.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I solemnly pledge to kiss the Queen's ass.
Excellent! Your citizenship test is waived.