+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A refugee got a Canadian pregnant

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yeah i meant that but the point was they have to wait till the child turns 18
Correct, but even if they wait until child is 18, PGP is at the discretion of IRCC. They can decide when to roll out lottery or not and it is not guaranteed, same as other lottery.

Isaacdire

May 18, 2023
Best for you now is to meet an immigration lawyer who can walk you through the spousal sponsorship or common-in-law route …. There are asylum seekers who got married to a Canadian even before their hearing and it was successful.
Meet with an immigration lawyer for proper guidance, the spousal sponsorship could be your best shot.

MikiCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2023
Best for you now is to meet an immigration lawyer who can walk you through the spousal sponsorship or common-in-law route …. There are asylum seekers who got married to a Canadian even before their hearing and it was successful.
Meet with an immigration lawyer for proper guidance, the spousal sponsorship could be your best shot.
I don't know about this case, but the spousal sponsorship or common-law route requires at least one year in the relationship. I don't think the hearing day is as late as I know. Perhaps discuss these matters with his asylum lawyer to determine which option is best and if he can withdraw his asylum case with the ability to stay in Canada to reach the one-year timeline for sponsorship or the common-law route.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't know about this case, but the spousal sponsorship or common-law route requires at least one year in the relationship. I don't think the hearing day is as late as I know. Perhaps discuss these matters with his asylum lawyer to determine which option is best and if he can withdraw his asylum case with the ability to stay in Canada to reach the one-year timeline for sponsorship or the common-law route.
You don’t have to be together for a year if you are married to sponsor someone. It’s unclear if the relationship comtinues and if the woman wants to sponsor OP. Sponsorship is a serious responsibility. If you meet someone as soon as you enter Canada there can be concerns that the relationship is for immigration purposes. OP will need to declare that they are expecting as child in their asylum application. If you are claiming that you need protection as a bisexual being in a heterosexual relationship and expecting a child can raise doubts about your sexuality. When claiming that you are being persecuted because you are bisexual it is typically the same sex relationship that is leading to persecution. Sadly many are using bisexuality as a reason to claim asylum when they are not truly bisexual but it can be difficult to prove that someone is not bisexual even when they already are in a heterosexual marriage with children which is why it has become a common reason for protection when claiming you are homosexual when you weren’t used to be more common. I’m sure there are real claims that people are bisexual but most immigration lawyers will agree that many are not truly bisexual and a lot of the claims are coming a few counties over the past 5-10 years. Some had almost the same stories leading to a wave of rejections a few years ago because people had been coached about what to say.

Last edited: