+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A refugee got a Canadian pregnant

Kawsi

Nov 6, 2023
Hello I arrived in Canada in July and sought for an asylum at the airport as bisexual. In that same month I met a girl who is a Canadian , we got to know each other and have been in a relationship till now . My girlfriend is pregnant now . My question now is , is that going to help my asylum application in any way when the baby is born? We want to get married but i don’t have the financial capabilities for now . All forms of advice and help is welcomed. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What will be the best advice you can give ?
The child and your relationship don't help with the refugee claim. The success of the refugee claim is being able to prove the basis of your claim.

Assuming the relationship is serious, you can get married and your GF can sponsor you for PR through the spousal sponsorship program.

Reactions: Kawsi

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hello I arrived in Canada in July and sought for an asylum at the airport as bisexual. In that same month I met a girl who is a Canadian , we got to know each other and have been in a relationship till now . My girlfriend is pregnant now . My question now is , is that going to help my asylum application in any way when the baby is born? We want to get married but i don’t have the financial capabilities for now . All forms of advice and help is welcomed. Thank you
Having a child will not help your case at all. On the contrary, I think it may even have a negative effect since you took refuge as a bisexual and had children as soon as you arrived. Our opinions don't matter. Most importantly, you should consider that the judge will think about these things. The safest way is to get PR from your partner before the court.

Reactions: ref19to22

MikiCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2023
In my opinion, being bisexual has nothing to do with your baby or your relationship. It is perfectly fine in Canada. However, if you lack the financial means, it might be better not to continue the pregnancy, provided it's not too late for your girlfriend to have a safe abortion. If your asylum case doesn't succeed in the near future, your girlfriend may end up raising the child on her own in Canada. Having a baby when you are not capable of responsibly caring for it, in my opinion, might be detrimental to your asylum case rather than helpful. I might wrong on this, though. I would suggest discussing your plans regarding the baby and your girlfriend's desire to get married with your lawyer.

Last edited:
Reactions: ref19to22

MikiCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2023
If strangers on the web can put two and two together on the poster , yah don’t think the immigration judge won’t ? If one puts their situation on a public forum , they are opening up that door for comments . That’s just the way it is bud .
It’s strange though he isn’t worried about the gf at all if he has to leave, ONLY what possible advantage this baby could give him in staying.
I would say that if his girlfriend knew his status from the day they first met, then that was her choice as well. However, I don't agree with having the baby at the moment because it might lead to the child growing up without a father if his asylum case doesn't pass. Certainly, since he came to Canada to seek asylum, it's not an ideal place to raise his child in his home country. We're not even sure when his hearing day is. We don't even know if he can support his girlfriend during the pregnancy period, though

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would suggest continuing on with your asylum application. Your relationship has not been very long so if you got married and tried to get sponsored there could be concerns about the validity of relationship. If you have protected person status, have dated for much longer and have either lived together for a year or gotten married then you have the option of having your partner sponsor you for PR.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
In my opinion, being bisexual has nothing to do with your baby or your relationship. It is perfectly fine in Canada. However, if you lack the financial means, it might be better not to continue the pregnancy, provided it's not too late for your girlfriend to have a safe abortion. If your asylum case doesn't succeed in the near future, your girlfriend may end up raising the child on her own in Canada. Having a baby when you are not capable of responsibly caring for it, in my opinion, might be detrimental to your asylum case rather than helpful. I might wrong on this, though. I would suggest discussing your plans regarding the baby and your girlfriend's desire to get married with your lawyer.
You could keep other opinion to yourself and focus on replying to a poster specific question, which the answer is "No, Having a baby will not improve chances of positive decision".

spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
The child can only help once they turn 18 and legally sponsor you. Till then you have to complete the refugee claim or if you get married then maybe it might be different. Talk to a lawyer

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
The child can only help once they turn 18 and legally sponsor you. Till then you have to complete the refugee claim or if you get married then maybe it might be different. Talk to a lawyer
I dont think there is other immigration program in Canada that a child can sponsor a parent for permanent resident, apart from the lottery PGP.

MikiCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2023
You could keep other opinion to yourself and focus on replying to a poster specific question, which the answer is "No, Having a baby will not improve chances of positive decision".
While I strongly disagree with you, I respect your right to express your opinion. In Canada, people have the freedom to express their opinions, even if you disagree with them. It’s essential to consider more than just his own needs. Children are highly valued in North America. Abortion is legal in Canada. It is one of the choices they also can consider. It is nothing matter if you like others’ opinions. It’s okay if you don’t agree with all of others’ opinions, but it’s important to learn to respect them instead of manipulating others’ voice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Copingwithlife

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
While I strongly disagree with you, I respect your right to express your opinion. In Canada, people have the freedom to express their opinions, even if you disagree with them. It’s essential to consider more than just his own needs. Children are highly valued in North America. Abortion is legal in Canada. It is one of the choices they also can consider. It is nothing matter if you like others’ opinions. It’s okay if you don’t agree with all of others’ opinions, but it’s important to learn to respect them instead of manipulating others’ voice.
This

It’s a free country.
People come to this country because people are free to give their points of view .

Last edited:
Reactions: MikiCanada

spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
I dont think there is other immigration program in Canada that a child can sponsor a parent for permanent resident, apart from the lottery PGP.
Yeah i meant that but the point was they have to wait till the child turns 18