+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A quick question to seniors like dpenabill sycala ans leon

Dec 9, 2009
When I was staying outside of Canada for a year I was given some admin assignment which I was doing there for X Co a Private Co in Canada like negotiating with prospective clients for expansion of Co business etc.,
Can I mention in employment history that during this period when I was not in Canada I was working or employed with the X Co in Canada or will there be any problem saying that how you work for a Canada based Co while living abroad

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I don't think it will matter much as long as you meet you 1095+ days requirement physically in Canada.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
When I was staying outside of Canada for a year I was given some admin assignment which I was doing there for X Co a Private Co in Canada like negotiating with prospective clients for expansion of Co business etc.,
Can I mention in employment history that during this period when I was not in Canada I was working or employed with the X Co in Canada or will there be any problem saying that how you work for a Canada based Co while living abroad
Obviously the citizenship applicant needs to provide a complete work history for the five year "eligibility" period, providing respective information specified in the application form Item 11, including the name of all employers. No need to elaborate or explain more about the nature of the employment (unless there is something which is overtly confusing or potentially misleading, which would be unusual since the employment history information is rather basic). Obviously "place of employment" is the location where the applicant was actually working.

Reminder: a new version of the application was implemented late last month. Always use the most current version.

Dec 9, 2009
Thank you dpenabill your explanation are always awesome. I was outside of Canada for one year during that period I was working for a private Co which is doing their business in Canada but the question is the Co did not pay me for the whole year they paid me partly if they ask me to show salary proof then it may be problem. What is your opinion regarding this point mam.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
A permanent resident can maintain Permanent Residence status if he or she is employed abroad, subject to a few restrictions: First, you must be a full-time employee of a Canadian business or the public service with the head office in Canada that controls assignments overseas