+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A question related to FSW

afsar9930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Hello Folks

I want to know if you have degree in Engineering and you have worked as a English Language teacher/School teacher for 1 year continuosly 30hrs/ wk. would you be eligible for FSW?

Also what is the employer requirment?

Josia13

Sep 21, 2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2018
Med's Done....
24-12-2018
afsar9930 said:
Hello Folks

I want to know if you have degree in Engineering and you have worked as a English Language teacher/School teacher for 1 year continuosly 30hrs/ wk. would you be eligible for FSW?

Also what is the employer requirment?

Hi afsar9930,

Your engineering degree is definitely going to give you some points. However, regarding your work experience you have find the NOC that most relate to your experience. If you do not find your experience within a NOC, then you are not eligible.

Good luck

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope, there is no such rule that your profession should match your education.
But, to be eligible for FSW you should have at least one year of professional experience in any of NOC O,A or B classified jobs.

afsar9930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Ok thanks! I have one more question. What is the requirement to be an employer to write a job reference letter. Let's say if I teach English at a place where there is only one teacher who happens to be an owner as well. His establishment is a non registered place in my home country. He can write a letter on his institute letter head with his number and personal email. As for website he only has a Facebook page for his establishment.

So if I apply and provide a letter from such place. Would CIC consider it as a legit work experience?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
afsar9930 said:
Ok thanks! I have one more question. What is the requirement to be an employer to write a job reference letter. Let's say if I teach English at a place where there is only one teacher who happens to be an owner as well. His establishment is a non registered place in my home country. He can write a letter on his institute letter head with his number and personal email. As for website he only has a Facebook page for his establishment.

So if I apply and provide a letter from such place. Would CIC consider it as a legit work experience?
The letter probably won't be enough. CIC will most likely want to see additional evidence from the past that supports this work experience (e.g. salary bank deposits, pay stubs, income tax returns, etc.).

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
afsar9930 said:

My partner and I both taught ESL in Central/Eastern Europe, and some of our employers were just like that. If they have letterhead and can write your reference and give contact numbers so CIC can reach them if they want to, and so long as they employed you and paid you, you're good. Only one of our 4 language school employers even has a Facebook page! Of course, any back-up evidence you have, like pay stubs or contracts, can help - but we didn't have any of that, and got credit for the work.

And, BTW, my degree is in Opera Performance - and my current NOC in Canada is in literary management for film and television. And it was all fine with CIC.