+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A question of TIMING

PetCoke

Mar 14, 2017
My dear fellows, below I describe my situation so that any of you with more experience can give me some advice or recommendation...

In April me and my wife obtained Temporary visas (Study permits). And so we have bought our flight tickets for August 19th. We even have an address where we are going to live in Canada.
After that (in May) we also obtained an ITA, gathered our documents and applied for PR. Now this is our current situation: My stream is FSW-O, June- AOR, currently at IP2.

I have been reading to a lot of members saying there is a period of 1-2 weeks from IP2 to PPR. And here is actually my concern:
I know I have to inform IRCC when my address changes. Also I have read that when there is an address change to a new country, they change our LVO. In my case they will change our LVO to Canada.

I see various scenarios here. It all depends on the timing and when we get our PPR. Another thing to consider is that it takes about 2-3 weeks to send and receive our passports back from our LVO.
  • Scenario 1: We receive PPR, say next week. In this case I would have to wait and not send our passports right away, so we can have them in order to travel on the 19th. In this case should I send our passports to our LVO or to an office in Canada? I worry that they would expect us to send our passports to our LVO and they will send them back to my home country...
  • Scenario 2: We arrive in Canada, then inform IRCC we have a new address and then receive our PPR... I think this is the most straightforward
  • Scenario 3: We inform IRCC beforehand about the address we will have in Canada, then we arrive in Canada, and then we receive our PPR. Where will they ask us to send our passports?
  • Scenario 4: We inform IRCC now about the address we will have in Canada, but receive our PPR before we arrive in Canada
Im pretty confused about what is going to happen. Just hope my situation does not mess things up with the processing of my application...

Please share your thoughts, or if you know something I havent realized yet... Really appreciate it!

Thank you!!

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
My dear fellows, below I describe my situation so that any of you with more experience can give me some advice or recommendation...

In April me and my wife obtained Temporary visas (Study permits). And so we have bought our flight tickets for August 19th. We even have an address where we are going to live in Canada.
After that (in May) we also obtained an ITA, gathered our documents and applied for PR. Now this is our current situation: My stream is FSW-O, June- AOR, currently at IP2.

I have been reading to a lot of members saying there is a period of 1-2 weeks from IP2 to PPR. And here is actually my concern:
I know I have to inform IRCC when my address changes. Also I have read that when there is an address change to a new country, they change our LVO. In my case they will change our LVO to Canada.

I see various scenarios here. It all depends on the timing and when we get our PPR. Another thing to consider is that it takes about 2-3 weeks to send and receive our passports back from our LVO.
  • Scenario 1: We receive PPR, say next week. In this case I would have to wait and not send our passports right away, so we can have them in order to travel on the 19th. In this case should I send our passports to our LVO or to an office in Canada? I worry that they would expect us to send our passports to our LVO and they will send them back to my home country...
  • Scenario 2: We arrive in Canada, then inform IRCC we have a new address and then receive our PPR... I think this is the most straightforward
  • Scenario 3: We inform IRCC beforehand about the address we will have in Canada, then we arrive in Canada, and then we receive our PPR. Where will they ask us to send our passports?
  • Scenario 4: We inform IRCC now about the address we will have in Canada, but receive our PPR before we arrive in Canada
Im pretty confused about what is going to happen. Just hope my situation does not mess things up with the processing of my application...

Please share your thoughts, or if you know something I havent realized yet... Really appreciate it!

Thank you!!
In my opinion best thing to do is wait till you move to Canada then inform them in case you havent recieved your ppr yet. You cant inform them of a new address before your actually at that new address. Easiest and most logical thing to do.