+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Question here. What is considered program integrity for file transferring?

alico

Nov 4, 2012
Hi everybody,
New to the forum but have been reading a lot of your posts and finding them VERY useful :) Thanks to everyone!
Here is the situation;
My wife is the sponsor for me and her app has been processed, approved and sent to the appropriate visa office that is in my country, Ankara Turkey.
Currently i have been waiting them to process it and hopefully it will be in a month or so (according to timelines that i have been observing in forums)
Yet, now i am in the U.S for business and it seems like i will be in here for about a year. Eventhough my tourist visa for the states is now for 6 months i will extend it 6 more months (and it will be suitable for the program integrity rules which requires you to be legally and admitted for at least a year).
I would like to have my interview here in the States and from experienced members in here i heard and have read that if there is only a matter of Program İntegrity my files can be transferred. İ did read about it but ''what is it'' is still a little on the air for me:)
So,
What is considered under this Program İntegrity rule? Would my case be considered under this rule or is it something that depends on the officer that day? :'(
What should i do to have it transferred to the States without having to put up with more jet lag and tiredness :) any ideas?
pre-thanks to all of you who read this :)

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
May we know, exactly "where" did you read about it? Can you quote a 'link' to it? Seems to me you have taken something out of context, and no one here knows what you are talking about. One small thing I have seen repeated here as a possible 'con' for any outland applicant is that they may be REQUIRED to return to their home country for their interview.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
truesmile said:
May we know, exactly "where" did you read about it? Can you quote a 'link' to it? Seems to me you have taken something out of context, and no one here knows what you are talking about. One small thing I have seen repeated here as a possible 'con' for any outland applicant is that they may be REQUIRED to return to their home country for their interview.
The "program itegrity" rule is well known and details are available on the CIC site. It's outlined in the section of the site that covers the rules for changing VOs.

Alico - Your situation unfortunately does not fall under the program integrity rule. I haven't seen a definition for "program integrity". But it effectively means that CIC will move a file if THEY need to for some reason (it's up to the officer - you have zero influence). The fact you have relocated unfortunately doesn't give you the right to move your file. We've seen lots of cases here where people have contacted CIC in your situation to request that the file be moved. To the best of my knowledge none of these requests were successful. Short answer is that you can't have your file transferred to the States - it will be processed by Ankara. If an interview is required - it will be held in Ankara as well.

alico

Nov 4, 2012
thanks for the quick reply friends,
scylla;
/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob180.asp
it didn't allow me to post a link so please add cic.gc.ca before that :)
What i understand from the link about the program integrity is that, they will only transfer a file when they need to ''effectively evaluate''.
it is interesting there is not an answer to what program integrity is, and what kind of cases are transferred...
İ am trying to work my brain out to figure out what may qualify for it and the closest i get from following passage is that if there is a criminality issue in the transferee country (so does that mean make a small crime so they can transfer your files to look into it :) steal a bubblegum or somethıng..) if i misunderstood, please correct me..
Program integrity includes issues such as ability to effectively evaluate documents: knowledge of local security and criminality environments; or familiarity with business practices and procedures. Other factors may be taken into account when evaluating the impact of a file transfer on program integrity.
And what do they mean by saying business practises? i am a civil engineer and a land developer and i have to be here for business. So, does it fall under ''business practises and procedures'' ?