+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Question For Experienced Members Who've Crossed US-Canadian Border Frequently

Bayridge

Jun 15, 2012
Hi all,
I have a question to those members of this forum who have crossed US-Canadian border frequently or most recently.I came to Canada last ween VIA Peace Bridge NY with couple of my Cousoins who are Canadian Citizens.I am a US Citizen.It was 7'ish in the morning & female Canadian Border agent seemed tired & just asked us where we were going & asked me how long i will stay in Canada but she never took my passport neither my cousoins.Now my question is " Will CBP give me hard time upon entering back into the US coz they won't have my record of entry into the Canada as i've heard that Canadian & US immigration share information with each other "
Any member who have had such experience ? Thanks .....

couteausnob

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Hi there. I haven't personally experienced this as I've only flown across the border, never driven. However, I've read several forum posts from US residents who have driven through the Canadian border without having their passports stamped. There's even a passport card available now in the US that you can use to cross between the US and Canada by land or sea; it's just a card with your information but no area that could be stamped. So it really doesn't seem like an unusual situation, and I don't see why you would have any trouble at the border when you return.

Bayridge

Jun 15, 2012
Thanks for the reply but when u cross by land they usually scan ur passport & thus they have all the info in their system but it didn't happen this time thats y i was worrying about but thanks for ur reply.Much appreciated.